Friendly warning- Do not buy Devil survivor overclocked if in Europe

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by rafferty_shaun, Mar 30, 2013.

1. rafferty_shaun
    OP

Newcomer rafferty_shaun Member

United Kingdom
    The game is extremely buggy to the point of being unplayable. Every time I try to use the 'summon' command the game just freezes, others are also having this problem as seen on Reddit and NeoGAF. You should not buy this game until it is patched!

2. Click This

Member Click This Surgite!

United States
    Ouch. Must suck for you guys in Europe after that long wait. :/

3. rafferty_shaun
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah, I've been waiting such a long time as I never completed the original DS version and put off doing so when I heard about this coming out. Would definitely have imported it if I could. For anyone affected here are the threads where it's being discussed:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1bb3vq/psa_for_european_3ds_owners_dont_buy_devil/
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=52045875#post52045875

Apparently crashes are also ocurring in the auction house although that hasn't happened to me... (yet)

FrozenIndignatio and emigre like this.
  4. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    Well my copy already got dispatched.

I have a feeling I will be seething later.

5. Kamiyama

Member Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Finland
    Is it really true? And those bugs gonna be fixed, right? Right?! Since I have been waiting this since forever! Are those bugs really make the game unplayable when you're playing it casually or is the main functions really that bugged it will break entire game? How in the hell they European publisher even did break the game like that?!

6. Rizsparky

Member Rizsparky Saiyan Prince

United Kingdom
    Ahh, shit. Hope they patch it up

7. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    They should be patched. Don't really see a reason why they can't. I mean, Mario Kart 7 got patched. The only game I know that apparently can't be patched is VLR, but it's easily avoidable anyways.

8. emigre

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Sometimes you just have to laugh in order to avoid feelings of dread and anger.

KingVamp and Skelletonike like this.
  9. rafferty_shaun
    OP

United Kingdom
    I imagine they will be patched in time, hopefully soon. I wouldn't buy the game just yet though until it's confirmed that things will definitely be sorted out. Summoning and auction houses are main features of the game so unless you actively avoid using these then you could easily run into problems too I'm afraid :/

10. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    @emigre: Haaaaaaaaaaah! :D that's such a fuck-up!

11. emigre

United Kingdom
    First Persona 4 Arena takes nine months to reach Europe with fuck all differences to the US/JP version. Overclocked with seemingly fuck all difference finall reaches Europe and the game is broken. This is both hilarious and infuriating at how incompetent small time niche publishers are.

riyaz likes this.
  12. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Argentina
    Edit: What's wrong with the pictures?

13. Terenigma

Member Terenigma Terenigma everywhere

United Kingdom
    Is this some sorta anti-piracy feature that backfired spectacularly for the EU version? Its crazy how many games these days are getting released with potentially game-beaking glitches and bugs. Bring back competent game testers please, ill gladly do the job and do it a hell of alot better than whoever is testing them now.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

^ Lol i was reading about people thinking they had input the names incorrectly but clearly its another bug to add to the list. Hello Last First, nice name you have. xD

14. L_o_N_e_R

Member L_o_N_e_R GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just bought this game online, good thing I live in the US though... So this shouldn't affect me.

Sucks for the people in Europe though, waiting two years for a copy of the game only to have some major bug that breaks the game... I'd be so pissed.

And it looks like they didnt put anything new in it... So I wonder what went wrong

15. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Well, they'll probably patch it one way or another, my game has already been shipped, besides, they've sold out on Amazon and some other sites, so I'm guessing the game already sold a lot.. If they didn't fix it soon, they'll get huge fan backlash.

16. emigre

United Kingdom
    http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/important-message-about-devil-survivor-overclocked-on-3ds

Ghostlight realise they've fucked up and they're going to fix the broken mess. I guess we're looking at a patch but christ's knows how long that would take. Or even worse, a re-print if the game is unfixable. Honestly someone deserves to get sacked here, did they not do any kind of quality control? How can such a big fuck up occur?

On the bright side this make anyone feel nostalgic? Remember the Ninities when Pal version of games would come out a yeat later than the NTSC version, it cost £80, it ran at 70% of speed and was covered in dog shit. Those were the days...

17. Chary

Reporter Chary GBAtemp's #1 Naoto

pip
    United States
    Well, that sucks for you guys. Hope it's an easy fix. I wonder how they could have screwed up that bad...?

18. GamerzHell9137

Member GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Virtue's Last Reward and now this.
    Yay for Europe ^0^
    Good that i didn't buy this.

19. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    They've made several posts also on their facebook page saying they're looking into it, and going around to see how a patch would work out: http://www.facebook.com/GhostlightGames

To be fair, I can't blame them that much, it's human to err, also, it's Easter today and it must suck for them to have this many problems at this time, anyway, I hope a patch won't take too long to be released, my game will arrive in three days, and I will start playing then, with or without the patch. >.>

20. Kwartel

Member Kwartel The fairest in all the land

Netherlands
    [​IMG]
    Awwww yeah my order wasn't shipped yet~!