Friend wants a cart. GBA support is important.

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by GexX2, Nov 16, 2006.

Nov 16, 2006
  1. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    My friend wants a cheap kit. Something with good DS compatibility and GBA compatibility is the most important. Would someone give me the pros and cons of the EZ-4 and SuperCard? Any cards other than these too that fit this description are welcome suggestions.

2. kristianity77

Member kristianity77 GBATemp old fogey

United Kingdom
    I have an M3, the old sort (movie player it says on the sticker). With a 4GB SD card. It plays everything i have thrown at it GBA wise AND DS wise (well maybe apart from spiderman)

3. Takaishi

Newcomer Takaishi Advanced Member

Mexico
    Supercard is really good for DS [​IMG] , but it have slowdowns on GBA [​IMG] ...

4. Vincent Vega

Member Vincent Vega GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    For good DS AND GBA compatibility I recommend EZ-Flash 4 or M3 Perfect.

5. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Does the EZ-4 support Real Time Clock games?

6. KidIce

Member KidIce Smart Ass

United States
    Assuming you mean GBA RTC games, no, it doesn't. You would have to patch Pokemon to run w/o the clock; there is an IPS patch out there that I can't be bothered to look for now but Google should be able to help you find it. DS games obviously use the DS in-built clock.

I must caution you though, if this is your criteria for how well the EZ4 handles GBA games vs the Super Card and GBA support is that imprtant to your friend, they had better do some more homework before they buy the Super Card or they may find themself dissappointed. I'm not trying to trash talk the SC, I don't own one, but from what I've read GBA support is not one of its strong points (ie the naff way saves are handled, and if Takaishi is right slowdowns). Barring the RTC, GBA support in my experience on the EZ4 is flawless.

As others have mentioned, the M3 may also be a good choice for your friend, but it doesn't meet the "cheap" part of your friend is looking for. There are a million "which cart should I get" threads, reviews, etc. Read up, and decide which is best for you.

7. GexX2
    OP

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Thanks, you pretty much answered all my questions.