Friend is looking for an XL...also noobish questions.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Raiden8816, Nov 10, 2016.

1. Raiden8816
    OP

Raiden8816 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2012
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Long story short, we both have Gateway 3DS on my O3DSXL (PQ SOL edition) and his O3DS (FE edition). Last night we upgraded his SD card from the stock 4GB to a 32GB since we were going to install a .cia game. However, since it was late I goofed after booting into Gateway and accidentally upgraded from 4.2 to the newest 11.2 - I should have noticed the GW was not there on the firmware.

Anyways, are there new retail 3DS XL (old/new) at Best Buy or Gamestop that have FW below 10.7? If not I am considering giving him my O3DSXL (v4.2) and I keep my clear blue 2DS (v9.x). In that scenario my question is can I put CFW on my devices that will work with .3DS and .CIA files? (As I have many .3DS files on my microSD card for GW and a few .CIA on my SD)

Also, what is the largest capacity SD card the systems can take?

Thanks for your time.

2. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    1, getting a 3ds from GameStop is lottery, you can get anything.

2, you can put cfw on anything for free as long as it's at or below 10.7

3, any size sd card will work as long as its formatted to fat32

Raiden8816 likes this.
  3. Raiden8816
    OP

Raiden8816 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2012
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Any recommended SD cards to work particularly well? I know class 10 are fast cards. However, I have noticed that on my O3DSXL my boot into GW and GameMenu list took forever to load. His O3DS was quicker, until I accidentally updated that one to 11.2.0-35U.

4. Potato hoarder

Potato hoarder Hoarder of Potatoes

Feb 2, 2016
    Canada
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Honestly, I use class 10 or 1 64gb and I can hold all the games I need. The most important thing for me is the size, not the class. PS, don't buy from anywhere not a reputable retailer. Most other cards are fake and won't work

5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Since you have several 3DSes at your disposal, couldn't you DSiWare downgrade the one you upgraded to 11.2? It would only cost you 5$ (or 15$ if you need to buy a prepaid card, but that's still cheaper than a whole new console).

6. Raiden8816
    OP

Raiden8816 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2012
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Assuming I will have to install CFW on one of my systems to do that? I also would like to downgrade my brother's N3DS (Pokemon RB edition) that's on 11.1