"Friend" ignoring me

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
At the beginning of Secondary School I have been hanging out with the same group of friends. There was one girl in particular that I had gotten on with more than the others. In around Year 11 she broke up with her boyfriend who also hanged out with us. Since they had broken up on bad terms they didn't want to speak to each other so all of us were left with a choice of who to hang out with. When I found that no one wanted to stay with her, I did as I was more close to her than her ex. And so for the rest of secondary school it was pretty much me and her with the odd people joining us every now and then. Even during sixth form, our circle got bigger but we were still close. And then after we left sixth form, she ignores me completely. Throughout the summer she ignored all my texts and emails. I asked my other friends about it and they said she didn't respond to theirs either. Last weekend I saw her on the way to Central London on the Underground. We talked for a while and I asked her if she had got my messages. She said she had been busy so she doesn't know. So I asked if she had my number to make sure and we checked each others phone to make sure. I told her I'll text her later this week, to which I did do. She hasn't responded and its been like 3 days. And so I have given up on her. If she wants to ignore me then so be it.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Sorry to hear that, man. If you really feel that you want to talk/be with her, just do so in person. It strikes me how people are so dependant on calling each other for anything.
Also, no responses on summer holidays is probably because she was travelling(?)
PS: Friends/Friendship takes time. Would you really want to let go of someone just because you haven't gotten a response in 3 days? Give it a chance, mate. Make it a week, see if something happens. Just remember it'd be a lot worse if she was jerking you around instead (trust me, it's far worse than being ignored.)

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Overlord Nadrian said:
Has it ever come to mind that she might actually not be lying and she just is that busy?

She's too busy that she can't even take 1 min to text me back? No one is THAT busy. She works part time on Wednesday and Saturday and the rest of time she spends with her boyfriend. (not that i have anything against him)

QUOTE(Ace Faith @ Oct 7 2010, 08:19 PM) Sorry to hear that, man. If you really feel that you want to talk/be with her, just do so in person. It strikes me how people are so dependant on calling each other for anything.
Also, no responses on summer holidays is probably because she was travelling(?)
PS: Friends/Friendship takes time. Would you really want to let go of someone just because you haven't gotten a response in 3 days? Give it a chance, mate. Make it a week, see if something happens. Just remember it'd be a lot worse if she was jerking you around instead (trust me, it's far worse than being ignored.)

It's not been 3 days. It's been all of summer and if she was travelling she would've told me

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Overlord Nadrian said:
Has it ever come to mind that she might actually not be lying and she just is that busy?
This. There are lots of people close to me which I didn't spoke to for weeks!

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I can see where everyone is coming from that she would be busy and such. But bear in mind that I have sent her lots of emails and messages via facebook/hotmail/phone etc.. And she has been on facebook (which means she purposely ignored) and such so she can't be busy

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
30084pm said:
I can see where everyone is coming from that she would be busy and such. But bear in mind that I have sent her lots of emails and messages via facebook/hotmail/phone etc.. And she has been on facebook (which means she purposely ignored) and such so she can't be busy
That way: FLAME HER TILL SHE CRIES!!!

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
kwartel said:
30084pm said:
That way: FLAME HER TILL SHE CRIES!!!

lol I haven't sent her like billions.

~3 on facebook
~1 on hotmail
~3 via SMS

(of course not at the same time, like once every few weeks)

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just let it go...some people don't stay friends forever
it's how it is..I'm not sure how old you are, but once you're an adult with a little more life experience you'll understand this

I have friends from high school that I haven't talked to in years

edit:
you're 18, just checked your profile
smile.gif

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
30084pm said:
Da Mafia said:
30084pm said:
and the rest of time she spends with her boyfriend.

Maybe it's the boyfriend that doesn't like her talking to you.

Why would he?
They know I'm gay

Jealousy can do crazy things to a person.

Without knowing these people it's hard to say what the problem is, it could be many different reasons, some perfectly reasonable and some completely crazy.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ha, I got a similar story for ya, op.

I used to be friend with a guy named Mike S. We used to play games together, and we had a lot in common, so we were good bros. School closes for summer and we just said "Have a good summer man" and such. Summer passes, then school starts. We weren't in too many classes together, but we still said "hey, whats up" and that sort of thing whenever we saw each other.

A few month passes by, he ignores me. Not talking to me at all, ignoring everything I say, and give me the silent treatment for nothing. I did absolutely nothing. I actually can't think of a single reason why he doesn't like me. It's not like I've been treating him like shit or anything. An entire year passed, and I can't stand the sight of him.

People do it for reasons we don't understand pretty much. If they want to be alone, leave them alone.

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Move on, obviously she's not worth it if she blows you off. Friends don't last forever, and one that intentionally blows you off isn't worth the time of day. Find a new friend, it's not difficult.
smile.gif

But then, Da Mafia may have a point; gay or not, people can be very jealous and possessive. I've known girls that didn't like their boyfriend talking to lesbian girls, and vise versa for gay guys. Jealousy is irrational, and if you're the jealous type, it doesn't matter what the target is.

epicCreations.or

Trophies
Website
whalecakes.com
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz. said:
People do it for reasons we don't understand pretty much. If they want to be alone, leave them alone.
I'd have to agree with this. Stuff happens. I used to be good friends with this one guy a few years ago and basically the same thing happened to me as with ojsinnerz. People change. Just be fine with it and move on. Forgive and forget, my friend.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse