Friend hasn't paid me back...am I being immature?

MMX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how about you make him pay 4 pound ever week? Or take something from him as insurance like.. his ID card.
Friend or not, in things like that you have to be really pissed and show that you're dead serious, otherwise they know instantly if you are soft and will exploit it in a heartbeat. Learned that the hard way.

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Things are just getting better.

Earlier today he asked me if he can give me the money today. Last night I told him that he would either pay me on Saturday on Sunday. I agreed to get the money from him today as uni is cancelled for me. I told him to come here before 1:30. He then says "no hard feelings yeah?" I told him that I was very disappointed that he never bothered to set aside the money that he owes me. He had £50 given to him as a birthday present and he can't pay me something that's less than a tenner?!? He then says "But I did bother". I just ignored it because it's a stupid reply and just demanded him to come here before 1:30

1:30 strikes and what does he do? I check on my Xbox and I see him playing MW3. I messaged him "Didn't you get my message? It's 1:30 now, are you taking the piss???" He then went offline straight away. I'm assuming he left right when he got it.

It's 2:44 now and I am still waiting for him. What should I do now? My patience has completely drained now and I don't really like waiting. For all I know, he could've went to a friend's house just to escape me in case I phone his house and tell his parents about it.

Reactions: Stealphie

marksteele

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
heh i was in a situation like this once, its why I always carry around a small pack of legal documents so if anyone wants to borrow money from me I have it in writing lol.

to be honest it really depends on one question. Do you really NEED the money? Like are you just asking for it to get it back or do you need it to make a purchase or something like that. If its the former then I would still keep on him about it but its nothing to break off ur friendship over.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's my 2 options for you:
1. Be patient, not hassling. (Though I think your patience has run thin.)
2. Just forgive him of the debt. $10 (est conversion) is not a big deal. By forgive, that means tell him, don't you both just forget about it.

Reactions: 3 people

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He finally made arrangements to pay you back, then skips and begins avoiding you? Knee to the groin, retrieve wallet, take what is yours. Doesn't sound like he values the friendship much anyway, so you shouldn't either.

kimekaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While it's true that it is your money OP, it isn't a significant amount in the long run. It really depends on how badly you want it back and how much of a dick your willing to be to accomplish that.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Heh, I used to give people money all the time a few years ago. So far out of the $20 I lent to a friend over 3 years he's paid me $2 back (this year, mind you). Crazy. But I don't find it to be too bad...Money is important but not important enough for me to ruin a friendship or anything.

Reactions: 2 people

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Kill him. He has disrespected you.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='R2DJ']

Easy answer: Obviously, He is not your real friend! Dumping him after he paid you (maybe he never will).

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8 pounds?

I dont know i feel like that is a little petty. When lend money to any of my friends, (under like $25 or so) i usually dont even worry about getting it back. Now maybe i come from more money or whatever, but dont honestly think this is a big deal.

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
yea...no.
Get your money back, tell him to get a grip on himself, and tell him that if it were a lending company he'd be dealing with, he'd be fucked.

And next time, PLEASE! For the love of whatever's still good on this planet, write down any loans on paper, and if it's a big sum of cash (50 pounds upwards), make a payback deal so that they pay you in installments per week (say 10 pounds a week), and if them miss one, they better be ready whenever you need a tenner to lend you one.

My sister did this when she bought a Macbook: borrowed from my dad, payed back 300 dollars a month over 3 months to get even. Well, except with a that amount of cash, she did the right thing to not miss her payments, obviously. :lol:

That reminds me, you can get him to not repay it, but instead let you borrow the money he owes you from him whenever you need it. After all, he won't cough up 8 pounds right away when it's debt, but he probably wouldn't mind lending a pound or two every so or so days if you go out and do something. I did this when a friend refused to pay me back 10 pounds, and I easily made all my money back this way with less hassles than constantly reminding him.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Loved the N64 and the PS1 at the time but Castlevania... PS1 hands down 10,000 times better...