Friend gave me his Broken wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Gamemaster1379, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010
  1. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    My friend got a Nintendo Wii to replace his old one, and since he has a newer one, he decided to give me his old one to see what I could accomplish with it. Seems to be that the major problem right now is the disc drive. It doesn't want to cooperate in anyway whatsoever. It refuses to accept discs, and it is always saying it's unable to read discs while nothing is in it...the system has been cracked open before, so tweaking internally is no problem for me, but I don't know where to start first off...While I'm very literate to the homebrew scene of the Wii, I was never one for internal tweaking, so perhaps somebody could walk me through the steps of solving the disc drive problem?

2. Guild McCommunist

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Screw the disc drive, get a hard drive and pirate games with that. Or if you don't want to pirate, rip retail games to your computer, put them on your hard drive, and play them there.

Odds are the price and effort for getting a new disc drive would be more than or equal to a decent hard drive.

3. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
  4. Krestent

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    +1 on that

5. gisel213

Member gisel213 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That wii aint broken go external like everyone else says way better than disc loading
    nowadays anyway... but besides backups you have triiforce for wiiware games and nes,snes,
    gba, genesis and more on the emulation side so much to chose from your like a kid in
    a candy store so start eatin up....

I got 3 wiis with broken drives all on 500gb hdds loaded up and they are awesome i
    tell you and my other 2 with working drives haves cioscorp 3.6 on them such a cool
    but dangerous app though....

Anyway have fun and as always happy gaming!!!!!!!!

6. Gamemaster1379
    OP

Member Gamemaster1379 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Yeah, I know of this. I find no point in doing it though. My system is still working perfectly fine and it's softmodded like hell. I already have my 100 GB partition maxed out with games. [​IMG] But if the disc drive isn't working saving, then by all means, I'll just mod the hell out of this one to it's full capabilities to make it somewhat useful at the very least.