Friend delet.ed HBC...Now what

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by cokeman118, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011
  1. cokeman118
    OP

Newcomer cokeman118 Advanced Member

United States
    My friend deleted his HBC when he couldn't get a retail copy of New Super Mario Bros to play due to the update. I told him not to update and I'd help him when I got off of work. Well he couldnt wait and deleted the HBC channel and I dont know what else...but now some retail games dont work

I'm messing with it now and cant get HBC loaded back. He's on 4.2U...I can get banner bomb to work and get to the HBC installer. When it tries to install I get this error:

Error -1030002011 installing ticket.

any ideas on what this is or what I can do? Some games work, some dont...like Guitar Hero 3. All retail.

2. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Just use ModMii and tell it that the wii is a virgin. Follow all the steps and his wii will be up to date and should be able to run everything.

3. burritoboy9984

Member burritoboy9984 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    If he is already using the latest version of the hackmii installer it sounds like that won't work... Are you? Also, if there is an option to Uninstall Homebrew channel in the hackmii installer, perhaps try that first THEN install... Do you remember what version you had installed previously?

-Erik

Edit: BTW Deadly, good to see you back [​IMG]

4. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Glad to be back.

To me it kinda sounded like he was using the wrong version of banner bomb. But just to cure everything and make sure all his games will work and he is using the right version and latest version of everything it is just easiest to tell him to use modmii instead of diagnosing everything.

If he still has problems during modding or after then it will be easier to help him.

5. Crass

Member Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Lol why did you (err... I mean, "Your friend" wink wink) delete HBC?

6. theozz

Newcomer theozz Newbie

United States
    yea my neighbor ....actually my neighbor updated his wii to 4.3 at christmas so his daughter could play some new game but now no game will load losteverything trying to follow the guides but dont know what to do for cant load any retail game......to start the exploit???

7. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
    Was the wii softmodded before? No HBC or forwarder installed? That with no disc loading is impossible, maybe these discs are no retail discs???

8. DeadlyFoez

Member DeadlyFoez Banned

United States
    Too bad who ever hacked that wii did enable the hacks with priiloader or else this would not have happened.

9. theozz

Newcomer theozz Newbie

United States
    sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread.....yea the guy that actually hacked it didnt do anything to prevent this stuff ,he did my wii to but i have updated ours...but for his he has a forwarder channel on their but he erased his sd card and was trying to do something......so trying to get the forwarder channel back to the sd card to see if that works,,,but no luck yet.....thanks

10. mike333

Member mike333 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Poland
    As You said bannerbomb works fine. Use it to run syscheck. Then post report here.
    Next step will be some MMM/DOP-Mii magic which might brick Wii for good when used incorrectly.
    Also check for presence of BootMii@boot2. Do nand backup twice!!!111one one one

11. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    @theozz Dude please make a new thread and reexplain your problem its not clear