Hacking Friend delet.ed HBC...Now what

cokeman118

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend deleted his HBC when he couldn't get a retail copy of New Super Mario Bros to play due to the update. I told him not to update and I'd help him when I got off of work. Well he couldnt wait and deleted the HBC channel and I dont know what else...but now some retail games dont work

I'm messing with it now and cant get HBC loaded back. He's on 4.2U...I can get banner bomb to work and get to the HBC installer. When it tries to install I get this error:

Error -1030002011 installing ticket.

any ideas on what this is or what I can do? Some games work, some dont...like Guitar Hero 3. All retail.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If he is already using the latest version of the hackmii installer it sounds like that won't work... Are you? Also, if there is an option to Uninstall Homebrew channel in the hackmii installer, perhaps try that first THEN install... Do you remember what version you had installed previously?

-Erik

Edit: BTW Deadly, good to see you back
smile.gif

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Glad to be back.

To me it kinda sounded like he was using the wrong version of banner bomb. But just to cure everything and make sure all his games will work and he is using the right version and latest version of everything it is just easiest to tell him to use modmii instead of diagnosing everything.

If he still has problems during modding or after then it will be easier to help him.

theozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea my neighbor ....actually my neighbor updated his wii to 4.3 at christmas so his daughter could play some new game but now no game will load losteverything trying to follow the guides but dont know what to do for cant load any retail game......to start the exploit???

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
theozz said:
yea my neighbor ....actually my neighbor updated his wii to 4.3 at christmas so his daughter could play some new game but now no game will load losteverything trying to follow the guides but dont know what to do for cant load any retail game......to start the exploit???
Was the wii softmodded before? No HBC or forwarder installed? That with no disc loading is impossible, maybe these discs are no retail discs???

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
theozz said:
Too bad who ever hacked that wii did enable the hacks with priiloader or else this would not have happened.

theozz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread.....yea the guy that actually hacked it didnt do anything to prevent this stuff ,he did my wii to but i have updated ours...but for his he has a forwarder channel on their but he erased his sd card and was trying to do something......so trying to get the forwarder channel back to the sd card to see if that works,,,but no luck yet.....thanks

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As You said bannerbomb works fine. Use it to run syscheck. Then post report here.
Next step will be some MMM/DOP-Mii magic which might brick Wii for good when used incorrectly.
Also check for presence of BootMii@boot2. Do nand backup twice!!!111one one one

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality