Friend buying a new DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by SlyGuy, Aug 31, 2006.

Aug 31, 2006

Friend buying a new DS by SlyGuy at 7:51 PM (633 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. SlyGuy
    OP

Member SlyGuy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I currently run the following setup:

*White DSlite
    *FlashMe v7lite
    *G6lite

I am trying to convince my friend to buy a DS since I don't know anyone else that has one and I really want to play multiplayer games with someone I know. I've heard that there are issues with download play, etc. I want to know what kind of setup I should encourage him to get so that our systems will be able to multiplay together. Couple questions: Should his DS be FlashMe'd as well? Does he need the same type of Flashcart or could he use something cheaper?

Basically, I don't want to convince him to buy the system and then not be able to play multi with him at all. What will the compatibility rate be for multiplay games?

Thank you very much for your help!

2. yatzr

Member yatzr GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have two ds fats (i bought one for my wife), both flashed with v7 and haven't had a single problem with download play or multi-cart play. I use two m3sd's. I couldn't be happier with the results.

3. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    A flashed DS can download multiplayer games (without flashcart or original cart) from a flashed DS using a M3 SD, for eg.?

4. carloandreacchio

Member carloandreacchio GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yes, The reason you cannot do it between a flashed and unflashed is because they detect the wirless signal is cracked...

Flashed to Flashed - Ok
    Flashed to Unflashed - Not OK
    Unflashed to Unflashed - OK

However, if both people are running the same game (regardless of flashed or not) multiplayer works

5. DeVS

Newcomer DeVS Advanced Member

United States
    Tonight I went from a flashed DS running a DS Link to an Unflashed DS using download play and it worked (game was tetris) and also went from the same DS-Link DS to the same non flashed DS using a Superkey and Supercard Mini for multiplayer and it worked fine.