OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wink.gif
I usually play 2 RPGs at a time now.. I'm currently playing Chrono Trigger, so I'm looking for a second RPG to play along with it.

Tingle RPG looks really interesting, however, the boxart does look odd. But, don't judge a book by it's cover.

So how is the gameplay? I heard it's similar to the Zelda games...

DO NOT flame me for this... but I personally hate the Zelda series.. I can't get into them.

~Nero

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really liked it, not really like the Zelda series to me but I think fans appreciate the game more than non fans.

If you want to play another RPG look out for Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker, its out in a few days.

The_Sympt0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Coming from someone that didn't grow up with the Zelda series: Tingle's whatever game is really odd and pretty annoying. You have to guess what everyone wants and pretty much everything feels like one giant fetch-quest because you are just trying to get more money. I enjoyed it for its sense of humor, but unless you're attached to the world and the character, there really isn't much to get you excited. I'm with Hadrian, try Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker when it's dumped.

-Ben

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow, so i'm not the only one that dislike zelda's game XD

No you're not alone on that. I hate Tingle, hated him since day one. He's this annoying little poofy shit that popped up one day and screwed with a good thing. To me his special game is 1 part Zelda, 2 parts Richard Simmons... That's Tingle. Even the name itself kind of plays into that way he acts.

Truliche

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ecuador
There is a reason Tingle never got released in the US because it's not a very appreciated character in North America. Tingle is a pretty annoying character in a serious Zelda game but he shines in this wacky adventure, gameplay is so-so but the game is worth at least checking out for its wackiness and sense of humor.

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually enjoyed. I found that it had NOTHING to do with zelda besides the fact that tingle is a character based off of it. The battle system is unique, and the sprite graphics seemingly set the tone and mood for the game. I would advise you to at least try this game before putting it off as crap. It's pretty fun once you get into it, but here's a hint, you made want to use a walk through to find out how much you need to pay so you won't end up wasting all of your rupees!

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
The game is pretty poor, but you're complementing it with Chrono Trigger so that's absolutely fine
smile.gif

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tingle is cool. I think vampire is homophobic. The game really sucks IMO

edit: vampire hunter is not homophobic and I apologize for accusing him of being so

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No actually to clarify, not homophobic, have gay/bi friends. I can't stand the fake need of a non-hetero type to 'tingle' around, prance, be flamboyant, in your face and the rest. Quite frankly pisses me off. Acceptance is being normal, not a walking shock value.

I hope this doesn't start some damn huge debate.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry dude edited my post. I thought you were the one who got the 'dumbledoor is gay' thread closed because you started saying he had a bad influence on children.

/end of gay discussion, continue with thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over