Hacking Freshly modded, rev14 + hermes 222/223 not playing nice.

isamux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello all,

I'm back again to the boards with another personally stumping question.

I've got another Japanese Black Wii (the first one was sold) and it's fully modded with just the bare essentials.

I've got cIOS38 rev 14, and hermes 222(36)/223(37+36)

I'm running Configurable USB loader and USB Loader GX.
They both have no issues to run the backups that I have from the HD. But I'm not sure if I have a good version of Hermes. I'm trying to get Monster Hunter Tri to run off the HD, From DVD it's fine. But I feel the issue is a little bigger than it seems. When I choose to run off of IOS249, it will load and then freeze with the sound after the main menu. That's fine and that's expected. So when I choose to run off Hermes 223 (or 222 for that matter) both loaders freeze. Configurable loader will start loading 223 and with only one dot, it just sits there and controller no longer connected to the system, it's frozen. Same with GX, as soon as I try to load it using Hermes, black screen and nothing, system freeze. (This happens for any game that I try to launch using the hermes cIOS, not just MH3, but my goal would be to get that one troublesome game loading.)

The other odd thing is when I try to run the new AnyTitleDeleter and I choose the hermes cIOS, it freezes the system too, I can run it with any other IOS fine.

So I'm thinking that perhaps my hermes cIOS didn't install properly but I've installed it many many times over and over and I've tried the older versions too and nothing works, the same system freeze.

I've tried to install cIOS rev12 and 13, but they can't install, it fails with a 1035 error.

So I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what's happening and where the failure might be. I've read other posts and the people with older wii's seem to be able to load up MH3 fine (but they've upgraded or using older cIOS rev or perhaps they might have some IOS that I'm missing...)

As I said everything else is working fine with no troubles, just this one title doesn't seem to want to run from the HD, but my feeling is that it's not just that one game, as AnytitleDeleter also freezes using hermes 222/223.

Thanks for your time.

PS. I've also tried various settings of setting language, 002 fix, and ios reloading and what not. Remember that it also makes anytitledeleter freeze too. (I'm going to assume if I can't get past the freeze, then the other options won't have an affect anyways...)

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm using PAL, 4.1 and have a very similar problem, I can get everything except Hermes 222/223 to work right. I have been able to delete it and reinstall it btw.

But I do get MH3 started if I turn of my HDD while CFG USB loader is trying to start the game, and turn it on agin after 1-2seconds.
I used 222(36-37), anti-002 fix, vidtv patch, block ios reload, video = game default and other stuff default/off.

But it could be just my hdd that hermes don't like.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stigmatic said:
I'm using PAL, 4.1 and have a very similar problem, I can get everything except Hermes 222/223 to work right. I have been able to delete it and reinstall it btw.

But I do get MH3 started if I turn of my HDD while CFG USB loader is trying to start the game, and turn it on agin after 1-2seconds.
I used 222(36-37), anti-002 fix, vidtv patch, block ios reload, video = game default and other stuff default/off.

This is a bug in cIOS 249. It doens't work properly when your global boot is 249 and then you set an individual boot for 222/223. However, if your global boot is 222 and you set an individual boot to 249 it'll work fine. For some reason 249 has issues loading another cIOS. Keep in mind that 99% of games play perfectly when your global boot is set to cIOS 222 installed as 37 merge 36. The only games with issues in GX are the "please insert disc" games and for those you can just insert a blank dvd. cIOS 249 is cool for the NAND emulation stuff but is not at all necessary for USB loading.

you shouldn't need block IOS reload. It only works properly on one game: House of the Dead 2&3. For any other game it is useless...

if you change your global boot in a loader, you have to exit to system menu and then re-enter the loader for it to take effect.

****Edit****
Freezing on ATD does not confirm an issue with game loading.

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
you can't use ios222/223 on new boot2v4+ wii coz new wii can't use IOS36 v1024 that hermes use.

We should wait for new ios222/223 that use IOS36 v3094

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
suchatd said:
you can't use ios222/223 on new boot2v4+ wii coz new wii can't use IOS36 v1024 that hermes use.

Can you link to your source on this info?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
0ld8oy said:
suchatd said:

I'd like a link too, but I know it'll probably be in Spanish and mostly unreadable to me
frown.gif

I can provide some supporting evidence that makes me believe that this is a problem with many if not all black Wiis at least. That links to a post on the tutorial Wiki I manage and it seems he's done everything he can to attempt to get 222/223 going, but it just won't load; even in ULoader.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@isamux,

I have the same setup as you, using the latest version of GX & MH3 works 100% for me. I have 249 set globally & 222 set for the game, and the language option set to Japanese. I may have autopatch on for the video as well, but I can't remember. Try changing the language to Japanese & try again.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Stigmatic said:

My copy of MH3 is running fine using cfg loader and 223 mload...

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
My Wii is from launch week btw.
And for some reasen when i changed cios249 from rev 13b to rev14, I always have to turn on and of my hdd, when I have played a game and want to start another one.

I have tested changing global boot, but I will delete my cfg files and try a few things again.

suchatd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
0ld8oy said:
suchatd said:

Dr. Clipper said:
0ld8oy said:
QUOTE(suchatd @ Aug 24 2009, 05:16 PM)

I'd like a link too, but I know it'll probably be in Spanish and mostly unreadable to me
frown.gif

I can provide some supporting evidence that makes me believe that this is a problem with many if not all black Wiis at least. That links to a post on the tutorial Wiki I manage and it seems he's done everything he can to attempt to get 222/223 going, but it just won't load; even in ULoader.

I don't have any source for this info but it's from my exp with many wii:)
You can check your boot2 version with TBR if your boot2 version is 4+ you can't use ios223 now
or you can check ios222/223 installer sourcecode and you will find out that it's use IOS36 v1024

you can test it by write some homebrew app and use IOS_ReloadIOS("223"); it's will freeze your wii.

So now we should wait for Hermes write new installer that use IOS36 v3094

I try to modify it but i don't know about DIP module for this version.

isamux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I got all excited and thought hey, I haven't tried that, to set the global cIOS to use 222, and having read in another thread the best combination for 222/223, alright, I'll just need this one combination and be set.

I went and set the global setting to use 222 and restarted and now GX won't load. Quite the let down indeed. Now I can't get back into it.

I saw somewhere of a config line that says which cIOS to load at start up, but I can't find that and when I check my GXGlobal.cfg file, I can't find the setting to get back to using cIOS249.

Anyone know the setting?

I checked my boot2 and I am indeed a 4+

If anyone has any other suggestions, lemme know. I think there might be some truth to the whole not working yet with 222/223 with 4+... (at least with my system)

Thanks again for all the info, it's helped me understand everything a lot more.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
isamux said:
Well I got all excited and thought hey, I haven't tried that, to set the global cIOS to use 222, and having read in another thread the best combination for 222/223, alright, I'll just need this one combination and be set.

I went and set the global setting to use 222 and restarted and now GX won't load. Quite the let down indeed. Now I can't get back into it.

I saw somewhere of a config line that says which cIOS to load at start up, but I can't find that and when I check my GXGlobal.cfg file, I can't find the setting to get back to using cIOS249.

Anyone know the setting?

I checked my boot2 and I am indeed a 4+

If anyone has any other suggestions, lemme know. I think there might be some truth to the whole not working yet with 222/223 with 4+... (at least with my system)

Thanks again for all the info, it's helped me understand everything a lot more.

if you delete your config file, it should ask you which to use the next time you boot the loader. otherwise, keep looking, it's there.

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When I setglobal setting to ios222 I can't get even get USBloader GX to start up.
I tried turning my HDD on and off, and waiting, and same a few times, nothing.

It was impossible last time I tried also, any suggestions?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Stigmatic said:
When I setglobal setting to ios222 I can't get even get USBloader GX to start up.
I tried turning my HDD on and off, and waiting, and same a few times, nothing.

It was impossible last time I tried also, any suggestions?
It can't start up because your Wii can't use IOS222. Check the posts just above yours to find out how to get your loader started again, at least.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉