frequency of spring loaded slot in Acekards

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by ~Stenny, Feb 13, 2011.

Feb 13, 2011
  1. ~Stenny
    OP

Member ~Stenny GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I would want to know about the frequency (AK batches).

- in all the AK2.1 units, is there a batch with the spring loaded slot?
    - all the AK2i batches present that kind of microSD slot?

2. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Last I checked, pretty much all the latest versions of Acekard 2(i) are all spring-loaded

3. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    As far as I know all of them are springloaded.
    Sometimes they come depressed (either from the factory or the reseller) and can be used as a 'friction' slot one, similar to the last R4s.

When I first got mine, the spring seemed a little too tight, like if I wasn't careful the MicroSD would go flying out when I ejected it, and I could feel the spring pushing outward against the case (which I think might have been cause of the spring problems, it 'twisted' or moved out of alignment and got stuck).
    I've left it depressed for the whole time I've owned it and now when I insert/eject the card the spring is a lot more loose and doesn't feel like it's going to push through the shell.

4. ~Stenny
    OP

Brazil
    then all the Acekards are in fact spring loaded, but the slot is somewhat depressed and does act as a friction slot in R4?

i'm saying 'cause my AK2.1 seems like to be a friction one.

5. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    As far as i know, correct.
    If I put in the MicroSD as normal (the 'friction' way), I can push it more and it will disengage the spring lock and eject the card.

6. ~Stenny
    OP

Brazil
    as for me, I can't do it. I will not put force 'cause that's my only Acekard, but it doesn't seems to have a spring loaded slot. sure, my questions are answered, thanks!

7. rave420

Member rave420 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    GOOD JOLLY!

i had a spring-loaded ak2i FOR 6 MONTHS and i didn't even think about it, just always pulled and pushed it in and out.

just now, i read that post, and tried depressing the mircosd, and sure enough *click* followed by me loudly anouncing HOLLY SHEET.

dat thing is spring loaded allright. I swear i had the microSD magically jumping out like coupple of monthts ago, didn't think too much about it. Now i know i wasn't hallucinating from the chili i bought from a sketchy corner vendor.

Good stuff. You just made me less oblivious about my Acekard.