Hardware Freezing While Charging

thewarhammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
...my Vita simply freezes while charging when turned on (if turned off, it charges normally). Googling about it, I found that many people have the same problem, and many of them stated that it started with the 1.81 update. Obviously I tried all the safe mode options and with another charger (except for a different memory card, but I can say that still freezes even without the MC at least). Does anyone here have/had the same problem?

...I even tried to play games while charging, and it still freezes, but takes more time to it. And strangely, if I play PSP games while charging, it simply doesn't freeze (but strangely, when I try to turn the system off or exit the game to the LiveArea, it will freeze, even if the charger isn't plugged on anymore). Based on this I think it's really a software problem...

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if its a software problem, try some of the SP Vita safemode repair options https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode

try "Rebuild Database". if that fails, try the "Restore the PS Vita System" option.

last resort: try the "Update System Software" option. for that one, it will completely wipe everything on the vita and needs to be plugged into a computer with CMA on it.
what it does is download and flash the latest (even if your on latest) firmware via downloading a complete firmware (vs an upgrade firmware file) via CMA then flashing.

If that fails, its probably not a software related problem and in that case, your only things you can do would be to replace/repair/deal with it.

thewarhammer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
if its a software problem, try some of the SP Vita safemode repair options https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3735/~/ps-vita-safe-mode

try "Rebuild Database". if that fails, try the "Restore the PS Vita System" option.

last resort: try the "Update System Software" option. for that one, it will completely wipe everything on the vita and needs to be plugged into a computer with CMA on it.
what it does is download and flash the latest (even if your on latest) firmware via downloading a complete firmware (vs an upgrade firmware file) via CMA then flashing.

If that fails, its probably not a software related problem and in that case, your only things you can do would be to replace/repair/deal with it.

...already tried all that except upgrading via CMA, but some people with the same problem said their Vita freezes when plugged to the PC and the PS3, even with the USB charge option disabled. I will try that, maybe I get lucky...

...yesterday I tried one thing I was curious about. Besides PSP games, every Vita game hangs after some time when playing and charging, because some of them access the OS to save the game. But Muramasa doesn't save on the MC, it saves on the cart itself, so I tried to play it while charging...and voilá, it ran smoothly. I really can't understand why they simply didn't solved it yet, since it appears to be "just" a software problem. Thanks for the tip, man!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome