Freezing on Loading....

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Fieryshadowz, Jul 20, 2007.

Jul 20, 2007

Freezing on Loading.... by Fieryshadowz at 6:53 AM (810 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Fieryshadowz
    OP

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So my friend just got the Light Baby Blue NDS and a R4DS from China the R4DS was working fine until tonight when we were about to play some Tetris it had a problem with reading the SD card. Ok no problem, I borrow his SD card and R4DS to see what's the problem. Apparently the card was corrupt so I reformatted and reinstalled everything. But when I tried it again it gets stuck on the Loading... screen. Any ideas as to what I should do?

2. Skye07

Member Skye07 GBAtemp Fan

Belgium
    YOu probably downloaded the english firmware on a chinese R4, either you have to download the chinese firmware again or patch it with that tool that's around in the board, the one that patches the R4 OS files.

3. dbgtdob

Member dbgtdob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    micro sd card might be dead, like you said it was corrupted, and yes like the above post mentioned if your friend has the chinese R4 you need to download the chinese software for it.

4. Fieryshadowz
    OP

Member Fieryshadowz GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Yeah I downloaded the Chinese Firmware that I'm sure of. I'll try it one more time and if it doesn't work I'll have to tell him it's broken.

EDIT: Also what's interesting is that when I put files onto it and when I eject it all the files are gone, except for the basic firmware for the R4DS (Chinese) which I put on it the very first time I reformat it. [​IMG]