Freezing Issues on O3DS running 11.0.0-33U

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Tyrus Kurt, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Tyrus Kurt
    OP

Tyrus Kurt Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    I found out that I can't exit to home menu from applications like Notifications or Game Notes. My 3DS just freezes completely at the screen where it says "HOME Menu". I removed everything but boot.3dsx from my SD card and that seems to have fixed it, and I'm assuming that menuhax has something to do with it, since I did a few tests and narrowed it down to one of the menuhax files or folders causing it.

Basically, I would like to know what might be causing this. You can contact me for more details if you need to, message me to tell me what you think may be going on or to ask me for my Skype to make things easier.

Thanks

2. Tenshi_Okami

Tenshi_Okami GBAtemp Maniac

Nov 3, 2015
    Puerto Rico
    This can be cause of menuhax trying to trigger the exploit...i dont really know how to fix this since i dont have a Console on OFW. Sorry :c

3. Tyrus Kurt
    OP

Tyrus Kurt Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2016
    United States
    It's okay, thank you anyways. I really appreciate your input :D

4. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Try removing menuhax with the menuhax_installer (if your main entrypoint isn't menuhax, that is).

5. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    just try changing your theme, that might help

6. Mariosl10

Mariosl10 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    I have the same problem and it didn't work :[

7. stzy

stzy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    Canada
    I have the same problem with Super Smash and certain Pokemon titles, but I remember reading somewhere this is a known side-effect of menuhax. Not sure how to fix it but it's a pain in the ass sometimes. Good luck.

8. SomeGamer

SomeGamer GBAtemp Guru

Dec 19, 2014
    Hungary
    Yeah, menuhax causes this on O3DS because it has to restart the Home Menu. Solution: get A9LH and/or a New 3DS! :P