Freezing and slow gameplay online

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by SparkFenix, Jul 27, 2011.

Jul 27, 2011
  1. SparkFenix
    OP

Member SparkFenix GBAtemp Fan

Portugal
    Alright so, I'm using USB Cfg Loader, and have tried WiiFlow and USB Loader GX with cIOS rev 21.

I have short freezes and general slow-downs when I play online, like with Goldeneye.
    This is only noticeable on actual gameplay, and not when navigating menus.

So I wanted to ask is if this is a problem with my loader, or IOS, my Internet, or is it normal with loaders.

2. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It is difficult to say. Try updating your cIOS files to 249d2x56 and 250d2x57. Also make sure you are using the latest version of Configurable USB Loader. If you still experience problems, it is likely your internet connection. Disabling your router's firewall might also solve the problem.

3. SparkFenix
    OP

Portugal
    There's also 250d2x58 and 249d2x58, should I update to those instead?

4. Lacius

Member Lacius GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    No. I am assuming you figured that on account of the fact that 58 is a higher number than 56 or 57; these are not revision numbers. IOS56 as a base has roughly 99% compatibility with games, which is why 249d2x56 is recommended for use with most of your backups. There are, however, games that require IOS57 (for example, Black Ops). This is what 250d2x57 is for.

Edit: I forgot to mention that you can install 249d2x56 and 250d2x57 using ModMii.

5. SparkFenix
    OP

Portugal
    That's what I used to find them, I'll try updating them and tell you the results.
    Also, if I used a cable connection for my internet would it improve?

EDIT: I get less freezes now and it's faster and smoother. I still get one or another freeze but it's much shorter and not very noticeable compared to before updating.