Hacking Freezes When Trying To Load CFW...

BudWinston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally bought on R4 Card for my 3DS, and the first thing I wanted to do was install some cia files, but after I do all the steps, I hold L and enter the ds profile settings, it turns black for a second, and then both screens freeze... (top was stuck on blue bottom on black) I've tried it over and over like 12 times, the same thing happens... Please help!

BudWinston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not a picture of the EXACT one I bough, I just googled that lol, i'll take a picture of mine!

Sadly, you have purchased a clone, and clone are known for their instability.

Attachments

• picture000.jpg
    picture000.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 269

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It being a clone shouldn't have anything to do CFW. Can you try to boot something like the multidecryptor or the gateway/mt-card launcher? I haven't been able to get CFW working myself but other Launcher.dats work fine.

BudWinston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes it takes quite a few tries. Just to be sure, though, you do have the emuNAND set up on your SD card, right?
Well.. That was the only part I didn't really understand (probably did something wrong) Can you explain in detail how to do that?

It being a clone shouldn't have anything to do CFW. Can you try to boot something like the multidecryptor or the gateway/mt-card launcher? I haven't been able to get CFW working myself but other Launcher.dats work fine.
where do I get mt card launcher?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

BudWinston

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clone card doesn't mean anything here, since it clearly ran the exploit installer.

If you haven't set up emuNAND, you'll never actually get anything to load as that's what the loader's looking for. Best I can do is point you to the guide here (skip part one if you don't need a pirate-free emuNAND on a second card): https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-4-5-sysnand-4-5-cfw-9-4-emunand-without-gateway.378721/
I forgot to do that, I just did the emunand part, now the ds profile exploit freezes before it even loads anything, and crashes the system causing it to turn off... Still don't know what to do...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Real Jdbye yeah those are great too