FreeTheWads Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bevardimus, Jun 7, 2008.

1. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    So I have used this program countless times in countless ways. I am mainly trying to get a PAL Megaman 2 working on my NTSC Wii. I know how to work a command line, so that's not my problem. My problem is that once I "free the wad," and install it on my wii, and then go to the channel that was created, my Wii freezes up. No gameplay, just freeze. I get the channel with the correct name, and artwork, and hell, even the right year shows up. But once I hit start, my Wii freezes, and I have to actually unplug it to get it working again.

I have freethewads in a folder on my desktop. I put the PAL wad in the same folder as the executable and dll files. I open my cmd line, get to the right directory, and type:

freethewads megaman2.wad a

It then offers me the regions (and I've tried both "free" and "NTSC-U"). I confirm and it even gives me the line: "FOR FREEEEDOOOOMM!!" Heck, I even do it again just to see what region it is identified as before I change it, and it's all good. But still, when I try playing it, my Wii just won't accept it and freezes up.

So, I ask anybody... WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING WRONG????

2. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    come on guys, SOMEBODY must know something. Is Megaman 2 a wad that just won't work on NTSC?

3. Skater4599

Skater4599 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2008
    United States
    United States
    the Freethewads program does not work with EVERY VC game, as far as i know there isnt much you can do about it for the time being at least

4. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    Man, that sucks. That's the ONE game I've been dying for release on VC. I also wouldn't mind having Super Mario Kart, but I can't seem to "free" that wad, either.

5. samsam12

samsam12 Test

Banned
    May 13, 2008
    United States
    A House
    just use auto injecuwad v3 and inject mega man 2 into another nes game wad (ex. kirbys adventure)

6. bevardimus
    OP

bevardimus Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2007
    United States
    link for injecuwad? [​IMG]