Freestyle Dash Questions

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by shanefromoz, Mar 6, 2011.

Mar 6, 2011

Freestyle Dash Questions by shanefromoz at 10:12 AM (1,263 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. shanefromoz
    OP

Member shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Hi All,

I have a jtag xbox 360 on 2.0.12611.o dashboard and was thinking of trying Freestyle dash.
    Does freestyle dash have its own website?
    What is the current version?
    How can i install it and if i do is it permanent or do i have to use xexmenu and load each time?
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    http://code.google.com/p/freestyledash/ is the google code site although it has not been updated in a while
    http://www.teamfsd.com/ is what passes for a main hub site for it although that is doing the server move bit at time of posting.

Version.... split right now between the 1.20 line and the 2.0 line which is in the late beta/RC cycle. Try either- earlier betas were a bit sketchy coming from the almost rock solid 1.20 but still good.

Install it- it is able to sit on the hard drive/MS style USB if that is what you are asking.
    You can tell dashlaunch to launch it if you want or you can have it launch like xexmenu (similar to an arcade title) normally or by a forwarder like quickboot or as you say you can chain load it via xexmenu. Not sure if there is still a CD launcher (similar to how you might have got xexmenu on there) but there was.

3. shanefromoz
    OP

Australia
    Ok thanks so if i load it via xexmenu and then happen to reset 360 will it load automatically or do i have to load it each time?
    Also is it easy to uninstall if i decide i dont like it?

Cheers

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    It depends- the only way to have it load in lieu of the official dash is to use dashlaunch and set it up to autoboot it (or boot if you boot with a button held). If you just boot it as a normal game/piece of homebrew then it will be gone when you reboot.

If you want to get rid of it you just have to delete it (it has some files scattered around but that is no trouble).
    As for the dashlaunch autoboot you can just edit the dashlaunch ini file.

5. shanefromoz
    OP

Australia
    Thanks Fast