Homebrew FreeShop keeps crashing when downloading certain games

TomerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hi. I have tried downloading a few games to my New 3ds XL console, and right after touching the download sign the console crashes. I had no problem downloading any other game.
These games are:

- animal crossing: new leaf
- mario & luigi: paper jam
- the legend of zelda: tri force heros
- mario party: star rush
Is there a way to fix it and make it not crash? tnx

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 21.57.09.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2018-08-16 at 21.57.09.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 689

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
It's because those games have the new security. You'll have to look up the .cia online.

1. Delete the entire 3ds/freeshop folder. Also check if you have the 3ds/data/freeshop old folder. Delete that too.
2. Reinstall the freeshop.3dsx if you use Homebrew Launcher -or- reinstall the cia version. Current version is 4.1.3, found here.
3. Make sure your dspfirm.cdc is found in the 3ds folder. Use this if it's not there: DSP1
4. Launch freeshop and reinstall by QR scanning the cache from that title site. Here's a clue if it helps.
  • Due to changes in the 11.8.0-41 firmware, added security measure in the Nintendo CDN server, and "disappearance" of that title site, refer to these posts in finding and manually updating your title keys cache.
    • How to find that title site and see it again [ie, look for a certain sub reddit forum] -or- find the *.bin files at that iso site. Posts (A)
    • Here's a clue in how to edit your hosts file on computer.
      host_correction.png
    • Rename the encTitleKeys.bin to download.0.bin. Replace it in the 3ds/freeShop/keys folder.
    • Do not download in sleep mode on 11.8 firmware. Post (C)
    • List of games that are blocked from downloading. Posts (D) and (E)
5. Make sure the eShop background music is playing. There's a known bug if BGM does not work. You can read here in how to restore BGM if freeshop fails to repopulate them.

TomerZ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
It's because those games have the new security. You'll have to look up the .cia online.
is there any video tutorial for this? I payed for my hack, i'm not good at those things and I am afraid to brick my console.
Are you on latest firmware? I heard that messes with freeshop functionality.
no it isn't, it's system version is 11.7.0-40u

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
Go to that iso site (we can't name it here, goes against the rules), search for your games in .cia format, put them on your SD card, open FBI on your console and install them.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there any video tutorial for this? I payed for my hack, i'm not good at those things and I am afraid to brick my console.

no it isn't, it's system version is 11.7.0-40u
freeshop has been patched server side by nintendo 1st party tiles are no longer downloadable and im sure all titles eventually

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
where should I put them?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you pm me the name or the site or comment a key-word for me to search? I can't find it

If you have a CIAs folder, put them there for a cleaner SD card, but it doesn't matter if they are on the root. After you install the game(s) you can delete the .cia files.

The first thing that appears if you search "that iso site" is the iso site. That's all I can do for you. Site rules.

Last edited by NFates,

NFates

Wants to understand™
Trophies
XP
Country
Dominican Republic
WarioWare is not on the list.
1. Delete the entire 3ds/freeshop folder. Also check if you have the 3ds/data/freeshop old folder. Delete that too.
2. Reinstall the freeshop.3dsx if you use Homebrew Launcher -or- reinstall the cia version. Current version is 4.1.3, found here.
3. Make sure your dspfirm.cdc is found in the 3ds folder. Use this if it's not there: DSP1
4. Launch freeshop and reinstall by QR scanning the cache from that title site. Here's a clue if it helps.
  • Due to changes in the 11.8.0-41 firmware, added security measure in the Nintendo CDN server, and "disappearance" of that title site, refer to these posts in finding and manually updating your title keys cache.
    • How to find that title site and see it again [ie, look for a certain sub reddit forum] -or- find the *.bin files at that iso site. Posts (A)
    • Here's a clue in how to edit your hosts file on computer.
      host_correction.png
    • Rename the encTitleKeys.bin to download.0.bin. Replace it in the 3ds/freeShop/keys folder.
    • Do not download in sleep mode on 11.8 firmware. Post (C)
    • List of games that are blocked from downloading. Posts (D) and (E)
5. Make sure the eShop background music is playing. There's a known bug if BGM does not work. You can read here in how to restore BGM if freeshop fails to repopulate them.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a first party title no ? And if you mean the freeshop list, it is on the list.
here you go
https://imgur.com/a/7O5Iml1

It is indeed 1st party. For some odd reason, you would think Nintendo would block one of their newest released games, but they didn't.

I have a theory that Nintendo purposely let off WarioWare Gold because they want to gauge how popular the game is with how many download hits they count on their end. Perhaps it's to generate interest if enough people are playing and praising the game by word of mouth? Who knows.

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It is indeed 1st party. For some odd reason, you would think Nintendo would block one of their newest released games, but they didn't.

I have a theory that Nintendo purposely let off WarioWare Gold because they want to gauge how popular the game with how many download hits to count on their end. Perhaps it's to generate interest if enough people are playing and praising the game by word of mouth? Who knows.
Yeah for some reason it isn't blocked and downloads perfectly fine. Thought they would block every first party title but it seems they don't or just forgot to. Who knows lol

Last edited by kumikochan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night