Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there,

Is there a way to download the Japanese version of pokemon sun/moon in the Freeshop?
There is only 1 version in the shop available and that version is for all regions (EU/US/ASIA).

I want to download the version that has the japanese banner when booting.

I hope my question is clear enough :)

Kind regards,
Kevin

Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Okay. But is it possible to edit the banner to the japanese version? I want to keep my japanese and english save file separated :)

nop90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There is only a title that is multiregion, the JPN banner is displayed if you have a JPN console.

Maybe using some homebrew (HANS???) you can force the JPN version to show up. But I'm not expert of this things.

EDIT:
If you want two separate games, you have two ways:
- Edit the CIA changing the id for the games and the saves (don't ask me how)
- use an Emunand.

Last edited by nop90,

Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I just gave it a try using the Luma Locale switcher. But it had no effect. I hope someone else has an idea :)

EDIT:
@nop90 emunand could be an option. Can i let my system believe that it is a japanese console when i started the emunand?
Also, is there a guide on how to boot emunand when my firmware is on 10.3 using luma3ds

Last edited by Namanix,

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
the game is the same for every region you choose language first time you start it.
if you want to have CIA with two save you'll have to edit it's title ID so another.

best way to have two savegames is to BUY the game on cart, and have a digital version too.

Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@GizmoTheGreen Okay so there is no way to change the banner of the game to japanese unless my whole 3ds is japanese?
I want it to show like this:
xr56Ys1.png

0x40

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@GizmoTheGreen Okay so there is no way to change the banner of the game to japanese unless my whole 3ds is japanese?
I want it to show like this:
xr56Ys1.png
I think you'd just have to replace the English banner with the Japanese one in the exefs. Afaik no spoofer works on the system menu, only after the game is launched.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@proflayton123 can you send me a link to a tutorial on how to do that when i'm currently running 11.3 luma3ds on my sysnand?
Every tutorial i found is for 9.x
From what I've searched you can only setup EmuNAND on 9.2(or below?). I believe your SysNAND stays on 9.2 and you update your EmuNAND to a later firmware. So I believe you'll have to Ctrtransfer to 9.2 and go from there.

You should be able to do what @proflayton123 suggested and setup EmuNAND and then region change so your EmuNAND is a Japanese region.

Again, this is just from searching the web, if I'm incorrect please correct me as there is a lot of misinformation out there and I've only been following this scene since November.

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
From what I've searched you can only setup EmuNAND on 9.2(or below?). I believe your SysNAND stays on 9.2 and you update your EmuNAND to a later firmware. So I believe you'll have to Ctrtransfer to 9.2 and go from there.

You should be able to do what @proflayton123 suggested and setup EmuNAND and then region change so your EmuNAND is a Japanese region.

Again, this is just from searching the web, if I'm incorrect please correct me as there is a lot of misinformation out there and I've only been following this scene since November.
You can run Emunand9 as an A9LH payload, so being on 9.2 isn't necessary.

D

Deleted User

Hi there,

Is there a way to download the Japanese version of pokemon sun/moon in the Freeshop?
There is only 1 version in the shop available and that version is for all regions (EU/US/ASIA).

I want to download the version that has the japanese banner when booting.

I hope my question is clear enough :)

Kind regards,
Kevin
the game is region free, so only the lang that you choose within the game itself when starting a save file changes everything. this and your console region (or what the game thinks it is ;-) )

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
the banner on the home screen comes by the region of your console, so your ways could be from edting the banner files into the ones you want or chaging the region, maybe configs for the game specific on the CFW too o3o

come on, the japanese logos are all better, this is why I want to make logos like I do hahah (see at mi sign) XD I just don't bought retail pokemon games yet because I want the box with these original logos =3=
I should learn and play in japanese too ....

Namanix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Sliter Those logo's look amazing. Also indeed the japanese logo's look better than the EU/US ones.

@Joom Can you please tell me how? is there a guide on how to run EMUNAND like you said as a A9LH payload?

Reactions: Sliter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Check cpuid make sure ram sockets are detected
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    (and i'm fibered, 5gb shared downloads, 1gb upload)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or even in bios
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    its mostly when starting firefox that it's noticible slower. Opening and loading the homepage. Tried fresh installs and all.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Knowing your system specs would help
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    if you're in win 11, have you checked which graphical processor Firefox was using ?
    after it's open, its a bit slower too at loading pages, but not as noticeable as the initial startup and homepage loading
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    can make a little difference
    You mean as in hardware acceleration on or off?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Went to make cup noodles, spilled boiling water on me then the kettle decided to pop
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why I saw a kettle with wifi
    Will try that now
  • sp3off @ sp3off:
    ouch @K3Nv2 hope nothing's too bad !
    xda a good site. My go to site for phone shit. :)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Females have burnt me worse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    females don't exist
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Tamales exist.
    +1
    Setting FF to max performance on my gpu made it slower. lol. Tried it on Edge too just to see, and it made Edge slower too. lol
    Thanks for trying. :)
    ill just use edge and watch nintendo videos on firefox. lolol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The everything beagle cup noodles are actually pretty decent
    dog noodles. mmmmmm.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    monkey brains
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: monkey brains