Homebrew Freeshop download speed

Brunorb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to know if is possible speed up download on freeshop? Here max speed is around of 600 Kbps...

Thanks

Last edited by Brunorb,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i max out at 1.4mb/s

homebrew apps seems to cap at 1.4MB/s the Nintendos own network transfer app caps at 2.8/2.9mbs

so your network is abit crapppy

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I doubt it's my router when I get more than 100MBit/s via 5GHz and even on 2.4GHz it's more than 50... How did you measure eShop speed? Also, even 3MB/s is crappy :P

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I doubt it's my router when I get more than 100MBit/s via 5GHz and even on 2.4GHz it's more than 50... How did you measure eShop speed? Also, even 3MB/s is crappy :P

well for one the Freeshop App literally tells you how fast it downloads at

And network transfer will also tell you how fast it transfers it on windows

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
my fastest results for some reason is download from eshop in suspended mode or after choose suspended mode, go into the game and manually download from the main menu...
for whatever reason it seems to download much faster when i do that
as for freeshop, my o3ds can't go faster than 600 kbps....

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well for one the Freeshop App literally tells you how fast it downloads at

And network transfer will also tell you how fast it transfers it on windows

I didn't ask about FreeShop, I asked about the official eShop transfer speeds. How did you measure that? Did you relay it through your laptop or check it on your router? You claimed it would be 3MB/s - I never measured eShop transfer speeds that fast on 3DS hardware.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't ask about FreeShop, I asked about the official eShop transfer speeds. How did you measure that? Did you relay it through your laptop or check it on your router? You claimed it would be 3MB/s - I never measured eShop transfer speeds that fast on 3DS hardware.

I never said Eshop i said Nintendos Netowrk Transfer app that to transfer Wirelssly from Console to PC

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
n3DS will always cap around 1.7-2mb/s as that's as far as its network capabilities go. o3DS caps at 900kb/s.

Limitation of the system, unfortunately. O3DS tops around 6-700, N3DS can go around 14-1500.

orly?

XtCAMv5.jpg

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Image is broken for me, but I think I know what it has in it and no, I'm not talking about the speed of the microSD transfer thing. I mean the download speed from eShop's CDN. They're two completely different things.

Yes and As I said thats a Homebrew Limitation

The point was people are saying its a hardware limitation which it isnt.

Older homebrew such as FTP used to cap at about 120-150kbs until the Libs got updated

now it caps at 1.4mb/s

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
tbf you cant even get higher than 1mb/s on the freeshop app how do you expect to get higher in other apps
I'd expect the official eShop app to be faster tbh. Downloading directly from Nintendo's CDN from PC will get you 7-10MB/s... (at least for me)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr