Freeshop / An exception occurred. ARM11 - data abort - When trying to download a game on Firm 11.6

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Forstie-zero, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Forstie-zero
    OP

Forstie-zero Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    Netherlands
    So im not a heavy 3ds user anymore duo the switch. But from time to time I use Freehop. Except something weird happend today.
    I wanted to download a game from Freeshop on the moment it went in Que to download, it crashes and get the ARM 11 data abort. Offcourse I looked op some cases on this site. I deleted freeshop, reinstalled it, got the title key file from *that website* and tried again and the same error when I downloaded the same game. I tried downloading other games random games not on my 3ds and got the same error every time I want to download a game through Freeshop.

Im on firmware 11.6 with LUMA 9.1 stable version.

Do you guys have any idea? I read something about Big N stopping all freeshop downloads but also on 11.6? I though it was 11.7 through 8?

If any1 can clarify or help me of give some advice that would be nice. Thanks in advanced...

Btw Whats up with all the Exception ARM11 occurrences ??

2. SkillFeed

SkillFeed Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 24, 2018
    Germany
    FreeShop doesnt work anymore because of a new security mechanism implemented on Nintendo's servers

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

3. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Nov 16, 2015
    Canada
    why
    freeshop is dead due to new serverside anti piracy measures

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Last night, Nintendo flipped the kill switch in blocking basically all the games on their CDN server.

I hate to admit this, but freeShop is for realsies dead-dead. :cry:

Except for updates, DLCs, and DSiWare. Those are still open for downloading (for now).

5. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Ninty stopped unauthorized cdn (content delivery network) downloads even on pc, so no "only affects 11.7 and 11.8"

Idk if that's the cause of the crash, but it's very likely

6. Forstie-zero
    OP

Forstie-zero Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2016
    Netherlands
    Thank you every for the clarification! Now I can continu with my life :P

SkillFeed likes this.
  7. Shin Akuma

Shin Akuma GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2006
    Greece
    So is there anything like freeshop? or we got to find the *files* on our own?

8. jajamundo

jajamundo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    Freeshop doesn’t work anymore. So google it the cia and install them using fbi

TurdPooCharger likes this.