PS1/2 freemcboot will work on my slim ps2 but not my fat

Pizzahead911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I recently broke a fat ps2 I was going to give to give to someone and I still want to give them something to play on so I thought about transferring over freemcboot which I have on a slim console and transferring a memory card over to the broken one so you can play backups on it with a external hdd. So I put freemcboot on my other mc and checked it to make sure it works. Then I put it in the fatty and absolutely nothing happened and I know it can read memory cards the only thing wrong with it is the laser. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do and no im not going to softmod my fatty too.​

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are you trying to copy freemcboot from one memory card to the other?
If you are it wont work. you have to install freemcboot on the memory card with the installer for it to work.
so if you have to let's say have freemcboot on 10 memory cards you would have to install it on every one.

Pizzahead911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I installed it with the installer on another memory card that I owned and also made sure the memory card works on my slim but it will not work on my fat neither will the original memory card

Pizzahead911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did multiversion install on the memorycard. I wonder what would happen if I tried normal install
*edit: nothing happened still, it's a fatty version SCPH 50001

Pizzahead911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well crap I really don't understand how this isn't working if anyone knows a lot about this I would greatly appreciate the help.

Pizzahead911

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I made progress. I decided to put in the usb stick into the fatty too and the "Free McBoot" logo shows up and then the ps2 freezes. Is there a way to get it to not freeze and not have the flash drive.

*Ok my freemcboot now works after switching it to multiversion but it takes litterally 5-10 minutes to boot up. Anyone know how to shorten it. Also my lazer is broken and on another post I saw someone removed it should I do the same?

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS2 lasers are really cheap. I got mine for less than $12 a couple of months ago, I would suggest fixing the console....having a broken PS2 with only external HDD would be pretty lame. Isn't the USB really slow and makes the games play like ass? I wonder if the broken laser is causing the long boot time since I believe the PS2 always checks for a disc when it boots....

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12 bucks? Damn, I just did mine a week or so back, cost me more like 50.

It's easy to do, you just need to make sure to get the right laser based on the model revision.

As for FreeMCBoot, that's odd, really the only systems it shouldn't work on would be the 90000 slims.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12 bucks? Damn, I just did mine a week or so back, cost me more like 50.

It's easy to do, you just need to make sure to get the right laser based on the model revision.

As for FreeMCBoot, that's odd, really the only systems it shouldn't work on would be the 90000 slims.

Got mine off ebay. Laser works great, my original had DRE mostly with music CD's and DVD-R but the new one reads everything. I have a first year Phat model.....maybe newer model lasers cost more? Looks like I got a good deal, KHS-400C I see going for $14.99 with free shipping now.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could not figure out how to adjust the potentiometer on these lasers. It is those 2 little screw looking things on the bottom of the lower picture right? I could not find anything that would fit in able to turn them at all....new one did not need adjustment but I tried to adjust my original one before replacing it and could not do it.

$T2eC16hHJIEFHS,vbiNZBSBeJMGl,w~~60_1.JPG

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adjusting those on my 400B I killed it's DVD game reading entirely, whoops. That's why I had to buy a 400C (they're interchangeable, but C is supposedly better).

I just used a small screwdriver to turn them, but I wouldn't if you don't know exactly what you're doing. I didn't.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Can't wait for season 2