Freeloader on 4.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by nonnonnon, Jul 20, 2010.

1. nonnonnon
    OP

nonnonnon GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2009
    Norway
    Oslo
    I just bought Star Wars Rogue Leader from america. As expected it did not start on my european Wii. I now want to buy a freeloader, but before i do i want to know if it works on firmware 4.3 (that is the latest isn't it?). If anyone know, please answer (-:

EDIT: Spelling

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    You need to use Indiana Pwns/Smashstack to launch Gecko OS. Freeloader is extremely outdated (last version to support it was 3.1)

3. nonnonnon
    OP

Jan 1, 2009
    Norway
    Oslo
    Thanks for fast answer, but "Indiana Pwns/Smashstack to launch Gecko OS" tells me (the noob [​IMG]) nothing. What is Indiana Pwns, Smashstack and Gecko OS? Do i need to buy anything to install them??

4. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    All you need is an SD card and a copy of either LEGO Indiana Jones or Super Smash Bros Brawl.

5. nonnonnon
    OP

Jan 1, 2009
    Norway
    Oslo
    Oh thank you for saying that, i happen to have both! Could you link to any guides?

6. luminalace

luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2010
    You have a PAL Wii so only Lego Indiana Jones will work for you!

7. NITROFOX

NITROFOX Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    I need start patch new for 4.3...

8. nonnonnon
    OP

Jan 1, 2009
    Norway
    Oslo
    I actualy just have Super Smash Bros, So i can't get Star wars Rogue Leader to work without buying Indiana Jones? Is there another way?

9. luminalace

luminalace GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2010
    Not if you have a virgin 4.3 Wii...atleast not yet!

You either need to buy or rent the game or wait until a new exploit is found!

If you do get a hold of a copy...follow XFlak's guide HERE?

10. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Isn't Star Wars Rogue Leader a GC game? Because AFAIK, the GC freeloader works on all Wii System Menus, its the Wii Freeloader that doesn't work anymore. At least, last time I checked Datel's site (prior to 4.3 update), it said it was compatible with all System Menus.

EDIT: Yeah, message is still there: http://uk.codejunkies.com/Products/GCN-Fre...__EF000198.aspx

They were quick to update the PSP Action Replay page when the latest update stopped it working, and 4.3 has been out longer than the PSP update, so I guess it must work OK.

By using this, you won't need to worry about finding a copy of Lego Indiana Jones.

11. nonnonnon
    OP

Jan 1, 2009
    Norway
    Oslo
    Thank you! I should have been clearer: I am only planning to play american GC games, not Wii (-:

12. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    Then you should be fine [​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice