FreeLoader Not Update Potected

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by tomqman, Mar 8, 2008.

Mar 8, 2008

FreeLoader Not Update Potected by tomqman at 8:11 AM (1,683 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. tomqman
    OP

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    Divineo.co.uk released a close-up of the new Wii FreeLoader disc and on it something slightly interesting is revealed. The disc has a caution mark stamped on it which states "FreeLoader for Wii works with all current versions of Wii firmware at the time of release. No guarantee can be given of compatibility with future firmware releases so if online updates are performed on your console this may prevent FreeLoader from functioning correctly."

[​IMG]

2. gov78

Member gov78 Ha made you Look

United Kingdom
    i heard some where that if you show proof of purchase that they will give u a updated version of the disk if u send back the old one.

3. tomqman
    OP

Member tomqman This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.

United Kingdom
    yer i think datel said that but will they be true to their words

4. bosscolor

Member bosscolor GBAtemp Fan

France
    It will cost to Datel a lot of money if they have to produce new freeloader on every updates....

Imagine the number of people who's going to send their back the disc [​IMG]

I'm a bit confused with this tool...

5. soliunasm

Member soliunasm GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Umm, no it won't.
    100 DVD discs would cost like 20-50$, and 3 Freeloaders sold makes up for that.
    But when everyone has the Freeloader, then they have to rely on their other products.

6. Link00y

Newcomer Link00y Advanced Member

Germany
    I guess they are now writing this because they do not want to do that "always replace disc" thing anymore. For the GC Action Replay and FreeLoader they produced a disc saying "Works on Wii" - and in fact with firmware update.. it did not anymore.. and therefore they probably had to update because the disc clearly said "Works on Wii" which it in fact did not - now that they point out "An update might break us" they put the risk on the clients.

However, we'll see how they behave!

7. Vater Unser

Member Vater Unser GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    What's so hard about not updating your Wii, you pussies? [​IMG]

Stop whining and be glad there's a fully working region-free disc for now...what games other than Brawl, which will undoubtedly work with the Freeloader, are you going to import in the next months anyway?
    Europe is getting Mario Kart and Wii Fit early, anyway, and after that there are few, if any, Wii games to look forward to...there will most likely be new region-free solutions by then

8. legendofphil

Member legendofphil Phil no Densetsu

United Kingdom
    You get this with modchips though, there is a chance that the next firmware update will render your modchip useless. If Nintendo did it in a specific way they could even stop you from even updating the chip via Gamecube mode.

I don't know why people are so upset by this, its a fact of updatable firmware, you want more features well it comes at a price.

Actually the discs cost much less than that, but its the cost of getting around the update, making the glass master (3 in fact) and then sending it to be made, repackaging it, etc. Imagine doing this 2-3 times a year for the next 3-4 years, that is very very costly. If Datel do replace them have respect for them as they doesn't have to do anything more beyond the products initial release.

9. superrob

Member superrob H4X H4X H4X!

Denmark
    Well they can only make new versions as long that Nintendo dont pacthes the bug traucha signer uses [​IMG]