Freeloader ISO not working... :(

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by SG, Jun 16, 2008.

Jun 16, 2008

Freeloader ISO not working... :( by SG at 5:18 PM (1,148 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. SG
    OP

Member SG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Well, I have a Datel Freeloader ISO. I only want to use it once to use my mate's PAL copy of Twilight Princess of my NTSC-U Wii top install the Homebrew Channel. I just want to check: this WILL work on an unmodded Wii? I know games don't bu tI'm lead to believe that this will?

I've used the USA image and burned 2 discs at 2x speed and 1x speed. No joy. Just want to check that I'm doing it correctly?

Insert into Wii at any point? I do it on the main menu. Wait for a blur - doesn't happen so I try again on the Disc Channel for it to say the 'disc not recognised', then try TP but still no joy.

Can anyone help?

2. RyuKakashi

Member RyuKakashi GBAtemp Fan

United States
    With an unmodded wii you cannot load any games/isos that are burned.

The best thing to do is to buy the real freeloader disc

Otherwise you have to get Zelda for your region, run the homebrew, load up gecko region free and you'll have a free loader (which is pointless in this case)

Otherwise get a modchip so you can play games from other regions.

3. SG
    OP

Member SG GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Dammit, I thought that Freeloader worked on DVDR.

Well, thanks. Nah I don't want to chip my Wii, just run Homebrew Channel. I'll have to see if I can borrow a copy from someone.