Hacking Freeloader built into the ISO

apprt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know there's a thread stating something similar but I didn't want to get this post lost in it.

You can get Freeloader and the game on one disc by replacing the Update partition in the game with the Freeloader partition, this doesn't require trucha signer to do. It should work with Trauma Centre New Blood.

To do it
Load up RegionFrii 2.1.
Open your freeloader.iso.
Click under partition info the #1 selection. Right click on it and "Extract to File", "From Partition Start"
Then open your games iso file
Again click under partition info the #1 selection. Right click on it, this time to "Inject from File" and again "From Partition Start"
Select your extracted freeloader partition.
Burn your game and it should work.

I've only tested it with No More Heroes.
Also if a game like Smash Bros requires an update with freeloader this won't work - unless you burn it with the update, run it once and then patch your Smash Bros like above and reburn.

apprt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
arctic_flame said:
That's not really better than using trucha signer, as it's still not future proof and deletes the update.

For one Trauma Centre can't be opened using Trucha Signer.
I've had no problems with games using Freeloader in 480p where as I have when using WiiFrii.
This method doesn't require the key.bin to do anything.
It deletes the update the same way WiiBrickBlocker deletes the update and people were using that for ages.
If Nintendo blocked Trucha Signed isos this should still work unless they also block Freeloader.

I don't like swapping discs and this is the best solution for me, thought I'd share it with people.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
don't do this, use wiifrii instead.. patching with that (trucha not needed) ensures full compatibility

apprt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
jpxdude said:
This sounds like a good alternative method for something like Trauma Centre and any other problem iso's that don't work well with Trucha... Can anyone test his on New Blood please?

I've tested Trauma Centre, it works fine. Just as well as using Freeloader normally.

aligborat69

Trophies
XP
Country
Trauma Centre does not work with WiiFrii, tried with a few different versions. Well not on 480p anyway.

It probably would work if you put apploader from freeloader, but you cant open with trucha to do it.

However, Super Swing Golf didnt work with WkiiFrii but did work by using apploader from freeloader.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
I've also just tried this with Trauma Center: New Blood and can say that it works brilliantly!

The only thing I've found is that in the game, the graphics are a little blurry, I guess this is probably to do with the game forcing 480, when my TV runs at 576i but it's not too much of an issue. Thanks for the quick guide, i'm going to try One Piece Unlimited Adventure now
smile.gif
Will post back results.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Yay! Works great! Been playing through One Piece now for the last hour
smile.gif
I suppose this is almost the same as the apploader replace using trucha signer, but this seems a lot simpler! Thanks for this
smile.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
aligborat69 said:
Trauma Centre does not work with WiiFrii, tried with a few different versions. Well not on 480p anyway.

It probably would work if you put apploader from freeloader, but you cant open with trucha to do it.

However, Super Swing Golf didnt work with WkiiFrii but did work by using apploader from freeloader.
it works just fine with the latest wiifrii ;p probably you didnt rename the key right
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=793...75&start=75

lenitao

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apprt said:
I know there's a thread stating something similar but I didn't want to get this post lost in it.

You can get Freeloader and the game on one disc by replacing the Update partition in the game with the Freeloader partition, this doesn't require trucha signer to do. It should work with Trauma Centre New Blood.

To do it
Load up RegionFrii 2.1.
Open your freeloader.iso.
Click under partition info the #1 selection. Right click on it and "Extract to File", "From Partition Start"
Then open your games iso file
Again click under partition info the #1 selection. Right click on it, this time to "Inject from File" and again "From Partition Start"
Select your extracted freeloader partition.
Burn your game and it should work.

thanks for the steps!!
bow.gif

many people (as i do) have no idea of this kind of things......
wink.gif

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
DjoeNtje said:
Nevermind, found it
biggrin.gif
it kan indeed extract a partition

Burning Trauma center: New Blood now

You can see freeloader working, but then the wii goes black with "an error has occured ...."

Ah, well i'll keep swapping for trauma center, not that hard
biggrin.gif

That message usually occurs with as a disk read error...I get those very rarely, like about 3 times ever. I'd give that disk another go!

Marticuno

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wow am I a retard? What do you mean with "Click under partition info the #1 selection. Right click on it and "Extract to File", "From Partition Start"" ? I can't find that....someone explain?
biggrin.gif
I need some sleep...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Cool. I got Prime