OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello Everyone

Yes, I am new

but anyway.. no matter what I do

I use more than 20 dvd's and use all the possible speed 2X 2.4X 4X, and DVD-R. DVD+R, etc

the game just doesnt play properly, can anyone confirm?

Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Despite being an old thread, maybe this will help others.

PS2 Slims, especially the latest models, have incompatibility with some games on the console itself, which is bizarre, but with OPL you can make a workaround where these games work even better than the DVD itself. I finished the Beyond Good and Evil game like this, with very few random sfx errors, no bother.

Then you will need to Enable the PS2 Logo function in the OPL this seems to somehow increase the compatibility and fix several errors, mainly the Boot, sound and crashes in FMVs. Also configure the IGR because if the game enters with bugs restart with IGR that at some point (usually on the second attempt) the game will work very well.

Important point, for PS2Logo to take effect, the console and the game must be in the same region NTSC with NTSC and PAL with PAL. Otherwise, the logo does not appear and the problem is not mitigated.

I tested Beyond Good and Evil with this method on a PS2 SLIM 90xxx.

The NTSC version was the one I finished and it went very well.. the PAL version didn't work well because it wasn't from the same region as the console, so I changed the input region from Beyond good and evil PAL to NTSC and it worked very well, better than the native NTSC version, I had no error with PAL version converted to NTSC and PS2 Logo enabled.

So I tested the game Critical Velocity where they say it doesn't run on PAL Slims consoles... I converted the game to PAL input with PS2Logo enabled and the game worked perfectly on a friend's PAL console.

I haven't tested other games said to be incompatible on Slims models but it seems that this method seems to have some effect, but via OPL.. I tested it on DVD and the game is really terrible.

Used OPL: Official Version 1.1.0 Final

Last edited by The_Ho,
Reactions: flo

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Similar experience with GTA San Andreas ..the lower speed i used , the bigger lag in-game. Best burn was at 8x ! These games are exceptions but enough to consume your nerves .

Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes, my recommendation is that today use OPL via HD or Network or even USB, DVD in few cases and always with PS2Logo activated, for me it solves many problems, if the game is in a different region of the console just change the region of game input, it is not necessary to change the Hz frequency. To change the game's input region just replace the first 10 sectors 0~10 of the DVD game copied from a game of the same region of the console and for CD change the first 15 sectors 0~15. You can use HxD for that.

The_Ho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The OPL even has this function, but from what I've tested it doesn't change the compatibility that is released by the activated PS2Logo. When I tested the PAL version of Beyond Good and Evil on my PS2 NTSC I thought just that, that I would just change via GSM to NTSC on the OPL and the game would become compatible, but when I did that the PS2 Logo did not activate, so I giving a black screen, and when the game came in it had all the known problems like SFX sound repeating frantically adding to each other which makes it unbearable to hear, and crashing right after the first boss.

- However, when I took BG&E PAL and changed it to NTSC within the game code through HxD modifying the ISO, PS2Logo appeared, and the PAL version modified to NTSC in BOOT, worked for me perfectly, without stuttering or stuttering sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1