Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
fr.jpg
Earlier this month SCEE announced that Freedom Wars, possibly the biggest Vita release of the year, would arrive as a digital download only in Europe.

Understandably a lot of Vita owners were annoyed by the decision and decided to boycott the game, also taking to Twitter to bombard President of Sony's Worldwide Studios; Shuhei Yoshida with their thoughts and feelings.

Today the Official SCEE Blog has announced that Europe, along with the rest of the world will also receive a full retail release of Freedom Wars:
As many of you are aware, earlier this month we announced that Japan Studio’s forthcoming action RPG Freedom Wars would be a digital-only release when it arrives here in the SCEE region later this year. Since then you’ve let us know here on PlayStation Blog, on forums and on social media that you really wanted to see a full title card release for the game. And we’ve been listening. Duly, today I’m happy to confirm that Freedom Wars will now be made available as a full physical edition as well as a digital release, from day one.
Thanks for your feedback, and look out for more news on the game as launch approaches – this one is well worth the wait.

:arrow:Source

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was pretty dickish of them, I doubt Yoshida is unaware of the storage problem with the Vita too. It's clear they made the move to gain extra profit to begin with, like it was Sony saying "Please buy our expensive memory cards with your purchase of this game" and they were caught red handed with this shit, although I do make that assessment from a position of ignorance as I am not actually aware of the download size of Freedom Wars (I googled it and couldn't get conclusive answer) but I imagine that played a role in the backlash and of course coupled with the demand for physical copy due to download caps, DRM and all that jazz.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That was pretty dickish of them, I doubt Yoshida is unaware of the storage problem with the Vita too. It's clear they made the move to gain extra profit to begin with, like it was Sony saying "Please buy our expensive memory cards with your purchase of this game" and they were caught red handed with this shit, although I do make that assessment from a position of ignorance as I am not actually aware of the download size of Freedom Wars (I googled it and couldn't get conclusive answer) but I imagine that played a role in the backlash and of course coupled with the demand for physical copy due to download caps, DRM and all that jazz.

I looked the Size up on the Jap store and its 1.3 GB (dunno if there are bigger Updates yet).

But still its good news that we Europeans get the Hard-Copy as well. They really should do more Retail-releases... (I'm still sad about Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 being digital-only)

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I looked the Size up on the Jap store and its 1.3 GB (dunno if there are bigger Updates yet).

But still its good news that we Europeans get the Hard-Copy as well. They really should do more Retail-releases... (I'm still sad about Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 being digital-only)

Ah alrighty thanks for the info, for some reason I just couldn't find the that (might've even been under my nose). But yeah I'm very happy for you guys from here in NA, I really wish EU got better treatment from pretty much every publisher, would've sucked for Freedom Wars cause damn a lot of people all over the globe are stuck with 4 GB cards cause they're so damn expensive. Also damn that sucks on Neptunia RE:Birth :/

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I have seen a rumor that they do this intentionally to make it look like they listen to the fans lol

Seriously why must these damn Companies that enjoy taking all our Monies so easily make us suffer so much with their BS on every front :cry:

They know their Memory Cards are expensive & overpriced......they know these titles released on PSN are usually big sized games memory wise.......I understand the emphasis on Digital content but whut good is it WHEN U DONT HAVE ENOUGH ACTUAL MEMORY TO DL ANYTHING AND U MUST KEEP DELETING AND REDOWNLOADING ALL YOUR CONTENT BACK & FORTH!!!!!!!

Good Grief

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, SCEE isn't total ass but those making those awesome $99 deals exclusive to US is unfair to the rest who'd love to have at it (just make a US PSN and pay for it, it's not that hard but would prefer to have it all on the main account).

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I know they say they are worried about losing sales to the second hand market but this game has an online pass so used copies aren't really viable for anyone wanting to get the most out of the game.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey it could be worse. They could be nintendo and region lock the GAME SYSTEM. Maybe I should delete this incase of sony spies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...