Freedom Wars To Get FULL RETAIL RELEASE In EUROPE

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jul 22, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    fr.jpg
    Earlier this month SCEE announced that Freedom Wars, possibly the biggest Vita release of the year, would arrive as a digital download only in Europe.

Understandably a lot of Vita owners were annoyed by the decision and decided to boycott the game, also taking to Twitter to bombard President of Sony's Worldwide Studios; Shuhei Yoshida with their thoughts and feelings.

Today the Official SCEE Blog has announced that Europe, along with the rest of the world will also receive a full retail release of Freedom Wars:
    :arrow:Source

2. RJ Sly 95

RJ Sly 95 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 5, 2010
    Yoshida saying " You asked, we listened" is the worst.

This shit shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Gaming4Ever likes this.
  3. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England

Yeah I have seen a rumor that they do this intentionally to make it look like they listen to the fans lol
    We'll see if Oreshika 2 follows suit.

4. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Looks interesting. I might give it a shot.

5. OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2012
    United States
    That was pretty dickish of them, I doubt Yoshida is unaware of the storage problem with the Vita too. It's clear they made the move to gain extra profit to begin with, like it was Sony saying "Please buy our expensive memory cards with your purchase of this game" and they were caught red handed with this shit, although I do make that assessment from a position of ignorance as I am not actually aware of the download size of Freedom Wars (I googled it and couldn't get conclusive answer) but I imagine that played a role in the backlash and of course coupled with the demand for physical copy due to download caps, DRM and all that jazz.

6. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    Next we attack Square Enix.

7. MegaAce™

MegaAce™ Steal back your future.

Nov 28, 2008
    Gambia, The

They probably won't give a shit.

8. lokomelo

lokomelo Edson Arantes do Nascimento

Aug 19, 2009
    Brazil
    São Paulo
    I'm sure they wont... I remember that, since I was a kid there were people demanding Enix a localization for Super Famicom's Dragon Quest VI, It just happened on another video game, many many maaaaany years later...

9. Binebina87

Binebina87 GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2013
    Gambia, The

I looked the Size up on the Jap store and its 1.3 GB (dunno if there are bigger Updates yet).

But still its good news that we Europeans get the Hard-Copy as well. They really should do more Retail-releases... (I'm still sad about Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 1 being digital-only)

10. OfficerJeffrey

OfficerJeffrey GBAtemp Regular

May 9, 2012
    United States
    Ah alrighty thanks for the info, for some reason I just couldn't find the that (might've even been under my nose). But yeah I'm very happy for you guys from here in NA, I really wish EU got better treatment from pretty much every publisher, would've sucked for Freedom Wars cause damn a lot of people all over the globe are stuck with 4 GB cards cause they're so damn expensive. Also damn that sucks on Neptunia RE:Birth :/

11. Gaming4Ever

Gaming4Ever Banned

Banned
    May 28, 2014
    United States

Seriously why must these damn Companies that enjoy taking all our Monies so easily make us suffer so much with their BS on every front :cry:

They know their Memory Cards are expensive & overpriced......they know these titles released on PSN are usually big sized games memory wise.......I understand the emphasis on Digital content but whut good is it WHEN U DONT HAVE ENOUGH ACTUAL MEMORY TO DL ANYTHING AND U MUST KEEP DELETING AND REDOWNLOADING ALL YOUR CONTENT BACK & FORTH!!!!!!!

Good Grief

12. emigre

emigre Has complex motives

Jan 28, 2009
    London
    Good on em for listening.

They're a damn sight better than most companies in this industry.

13. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, SCEE isn't total ass but those making those awesome $99 deals exclusive to US is unfair to the rest who'd love to have at it (just make a US PSN and pay for it, it's not that hard but would prefer to have it all on the main account).

14. aaronz77

aaronz77 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 14, 2011
    United States
    USA
    I guess they figured "there's no such thing as bad press".

15. natkoden

natkoden Not a New Member

Jul 25, 2006
    Argentina
    /Bitches about availability of physical copy. Purchases digital version.

most likely

aaronz77 likes this.
  16. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    I didn't even know it existed. Now it's on my wishlist!

T-hug likes this.
  17. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I know they say they are worried about losing sales to the second hand market but this game has an online pass so used copies aren't really viable for anyone wanting to get the most out of the game.

18. Swing

Swing GBAtemp Regular

Jun 5, 2011
    United States
    Hey it could be worse. They could be nintendo and region lock the GAME SYSTEM. Maybe I should delete this incase of sony spies