FreeBOOT .32 with dash 9199 - JTAG

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ZombiePosessor, Aug 12, 2010.

Aug 12, 2010
  1. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have freeBOOT .32 installed with Dash 9199. My avatar is a silhouette, when I try to customize my avatar it says an update from XBL is required. I have the $SystemUpdate9199.zip from MS's website. I did NOT bridge my rt63 or remove it, its still there.

If I install this update from MS, will I lose my JTAG ability or will it just grab the needed avatar files from the update and retain JTAG functionality? FAST, I'm assuming you'll be the first to answer. If you are, THANKS!

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    As far as the 360 is concerned you are already at 9199 (indeed part of the rebooter hack is to use some virtual fuses), grab the offline update from http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemus...stemupdates.htm and install it however it says on the site (you have a choice). It will not touch the JTAG but it will add the avatar stuff.

3. ZombiePosessor
    OP

Member ZombiePosessor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thats what I assumed, thanks a lot FAST. Mods, please close this topic if you see fit, since I got the info I needed.