Freebird (Switch overclocking tool) version 0.9.1 beta released

freebird_logo.jpg

@JK_ 's Switch overclocking app Freebird has just received an update, marking the release of version 0.9.1 (beta). The new version attempts to fix the sleep mode bug, adds a new GUI for its Freeset companion app, includes four new profiles (as well as a Global one which takes priority above all others), gives you the choice to maintain your defined clock speeds when waking up from sleep and also allows you to save your config between reboots.

All of the new features and changes mentioned above can also be found in the official changelog:
Freebird 0.9.1 (Beta)
  • Attempted sleep mode fix
  • Ability to control whether clock speeds are maintained when waking up from sleep
  • New GUI
  • 4 Different power profiles + Global profile that overrides all.
  • Ability to save config for reboots.

The developer also advises users to post suggestions, issues and ideas on the official GBAtemp thread (linked below). For Atmosphère users, it's highly recommended to update to version 0.8.6 (or later) before installing the homebrew, as it includes a fix for a bug that was present in previous versions which would lead to crashes when overclocking the CPU.

:arrow: Source
:arrow: GBAtemp discussion thread

Last edited by RattletraPM,

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It doesn't work after updating 6.2.0 to 8.0.0 on Atmoshpere. It's been my favourite homebrew ever. I hope it will be updated soon.

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It doesn't work after updating 6.2.0 to 8.0.0 on Atmoshpere. It's been my favourite homebrew ever. I hope it will be updated soon.

Damn is that why it shows 0 for all clock speeds?? I was on 7.0.1 and i had to go to 8.1 for ldn but then i figured it was something else in the ldn config

2Siralv

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It actually works on 7.0.1 (I was on that version prior to updating to 8.1.0) but I belive anything after that just fails. I was looking for a fix because I found this out after updating to 8.1.0
Oh yaaa ur right haha i was on 7.0.1 but it was unoffical update from 6.2 so i kinda forgot haha lol but u right after it broke n no fix but in app store if u have sysclk thiers a app that can shows and lets u change all yhe gsme u have installed and it will do ssme and has interface like freebird thats my choice now

Janu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
is it normal when you start the app the cpu, gpu and ram are all in 0Mhz even when you sync for the overclock?

bytar

Holy Knight
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
is it still working on the latest switch update? I prevent to update my switch just for using this app.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night