Freebird Games Announces "To The Moon" Sequel Prelude - "A Bird's Story"

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by IBNobody, Feb 6, 2013.

1. IBNobody
    OP

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    (This news is from Jan 10th. I've searched and searched and searched on this site and didn't see any mention of it. If it's been discussed, flag the mods.)

Kan Gao of Freebird Games is the writer/composer/programmer of the indie game "To The Moon".

Kan Gao announced that he's working on "A Bird's Story", a 30-minute story based in the "To The Moon" universe. It is a prelude to the forthcoming "To the Moon" sequel and involves one of the sequel's characters.

Skip to 3:30 for some info on the sequel and the "prelude".

I'm excited, but "To The Moon" will be a tough act to follow. I Let's just hope he doesn't lay an egg with this one.

lufere7 likes this.
  2. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    It better be titled "Two The Moon" or else.

Still, good to say he's going "To The Moon" again - if he misses, at least he'll land among the stars.

2ndApex, Ron and ekko25 like this.
  3. lufere7

lufere7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2010
    Mexico
    Sonora
    Loved the first one, best story I've read in quite a while. Hyped for this although kinda bummed it's just 30 mins. It also means it may not be released on steam.

4. IBNobody
    OP

IBNobody I try to keep myself amused.

Nov 16, 2006
    United States
    Texas, Hang 'Em High
    Maybe it would be included with TtM2?

5. lufere7

lufere7 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2010
    Mexico
    Sonora
    I don't think so, Kan Gao said on To the Moon's steam page that TtM2 and the 30 minute game wouldn't go well on one game since one is about the stages of the patient's life and the other one just about his childhood.
    Btw, that post also show Kan Gao is a pretty cool guy, offering a personal refund if you didn't enjoy the game (Dunnno why someone wouldn't enjoy it though :P)