FreeAgent Go and XeXLoader

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by djricekcn, Jan 15, 2010.

1. djricekcn
    OP

djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2009
    United States
    I tried googling but I can not find a solution. Since I can't find it on google, I also assume that FreeAgent Go works on a XeXLoader?

My XeXLOader doesn't pick up the Seagate FreeAgent Go but it picks up my thumb, the only difference i see between the two in proprties is that one is a removable drive and the other one is a local drive. if that's the difference, how do i make it a removable drive?

2. 1timeuser

1timeuser Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2007
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    What is it formatted to? If it`s NTFS that wont work with the 360 so you need to format it to FAT32 or HFS+ for it to pick it up

3. djricekcn
    OP

May 29, 2009
    United States
    No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to work so I just used my spare WD portable drive and now it works =-/ I've tried a different Seagate and taht didn't work either so I'm assuming some models of FreeAgent Go dodesn't work.

4. Blue Zoidberg

Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    USA, that big island near Cuba
    I had lots of problems with my FreeAgent Go (250 GB) working on my 360.
    I ended up using Partition Manager instead of Windows to format the drive and replacing the cable.
    Turns out you need a high quality micro-USB cable because the FreeAgent soaks up lots of power.

What does your FreeAgent do when you plug it in? Flash its light off and on or does it make a quiet beeping noise?

5. djricekcn
    OP

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Nothing, it behaves normally physically. It just doesn't get picked up with XeX. I also got a 800gb for free the other day and that one works. 250, 320 and 450 didn't work for me...maybe that 450 was 500, I forget which.