FreeAgent Go and XeXLoader

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by djricekcn, Jan 15, 2010.

Jan 15, 2010
  1. djricekcn
    OP

Member djricekcn GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I tried googling but I can not find a solution. Since I can't find it on google, I also assume that FreeAgent Go works on a XeXLoader?

My XeXLOader doesn't pick up the Seagate FreeAgent Go but it picks up my thumb, the only difference i see between the two in proprties is that one is a removable drive and the other one is a local drive. if that's the difference, how do i make it a removable drive?

2. 1timeuser

Newcomer 1timeuser Member

United States
    What is it formatted to? If it`s NTFS that wont work with the 360 so you need to format it to FAT32 or HFS+ for it to pick it up

3. djricekcn
    OP

United States
    No matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to work so I just used my spare WD portable drive and now it works =-/ I've tried a different Seagate and taht didn't work either so I'm assuming some models of FreeAgent Go dodesn't work.

4. Blue Zoidberg

Member Blue Zoidberg GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I had lots of problems with my FreeAgent Go (250 GB) working on my 360.
    I ended up using Partition Manager instead of Windows to format the drive and replacing the cable.
    Turns out you need a high quality micro-USB cable because the FreeAgent soaks up lots of power.

What does your FreeAgent do when you plug it in? Flash its light off and on or does it make a quiet beeping noise?

5. djricekcn
    OP

United States
    Nothing, it behaves normally physically. It just doesn't get picked up with XeX. I also got a 800gb for free the other day and that one works. 250, 320 and 450 didn't work for me...maybe that 450 was 500, I forget which.