Gaming Free Windows 7 Pro for some university students

Blythe31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually saw a newegg tent on campus today letting people demo windows 7 pro, and mentioning this offer. I'll definitely check into it. Saw that my school was listed on the website, and i'll be taking computer science as well.
smile.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
And DanTheManMS, from what I know, an "Upgrade" installation (provided you have a compatible upgradeable OS) will keep all your programs and whatnot installed. I could be wrong on that though.
Probably true, but if I'm going to the trouble of installing a new OS, I want a clean start while I'm at it. So it'll be another project for another day.

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
DeMoN said:
I can most likely get this from my University.
Does anyone know if you have to do a clean install from the RC version?
I would contact Microsoft myself if I were you, there must be a way to change your CD-key of the OS and re-activate it, just like XP.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Westside said:
DeMoN said:
I would contact Microsoft myself if I were you, there must be a way to change your CD-key of the OS and re-activate it, just like XP.
RTM != RC

He'll have to do a complete reinstall.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minox_IX said:
Westside said:
DeMoN said:
RTM != RC

He'll have to do a complete reinstall.
I upgraded my RC to an RTM version just fine... change the minimum build number in cversion.ini to something lower, and the Upgrade button will work
smile.gif

And you can change a product key by typing slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX (X being the key) in a command prompt.

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Meh I want my school to give some money for computer stuff...we have to use year old opensource software because the IT guy is just one time in the year doing updates...and even then he's forgetting half of the stuff.
we have no books (OK some turbopascal books from '88 and '90) and no MSDN or MSDNAA subscription...meh...Visual Studio would be so nice to use at school...well at least I got it for free from microsofts dreamspark site

M

mario5555

Thanks for letting me know about this, and the site, my school is part of this (I knew this before since I've d/l'ed OS's from the on campus site before) but for some reason this site is Top Secret to us undergrads, for who knows whatever reason.

Plus this semester they've gone to putting up a pay site (again no idea why) when everything can be accessed through the MS member site that they pay for every year.

Just annoys me that this information should be public knowledge if you attend university in the programs that this is offered through and instead its eyes only, for those in the know, only known through hushed whispers in the halls and in dark corners, which I think is stupid, considering I'm paying for them to pay for this program they are in with MS to begin with.

Again I really appreciate the heads up on this. Cheers.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol