free WIFI spots in AUS

Discussion in 'NDS - Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection' started by jono_, Apr 22, 2007.

Apr 22, 2007

free WIFI spots in AUS by jono_ at 12:21 PM (776 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. jono_
    OP

Member jono_ GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    so where is the best place to get the wifi going?

do maccas host wifi spots that can be connected to?
    what other places are there to connect up? easily and free?

2. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    hmm, some eb games places have hotspots, but i've found them really inconvenient to play in, as there is nowhere to sit down and it can get cramped with people.

I heard some maccas hotspots have been set up but i have no idea where they are located. I'd like to know though since it'd be a more convenient place to play.

3. Opera Ghost

Newcomer Opera Ghost Member

Australia
    A free Hotspot would be my house. [​IMG]

I mean..maybe Starbucks? There's one near the library, and one in Lygon St, I don't know if they have wifi.

EDIT: The EB in Melbourne central is VERY cramped, I don't see how they can have WiFi people coming in.

Unless you sit on those weird seats near donut king, if the wireless reaches that far..

4. roguefan99

Member roguefan99 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Go to http://www.nintendo.com.au/ and they have a little box there about how they linked up to Telstra to give them a heap of wifi spots. There is a link on the webpage to all the Telstra hotspots that you can get free wifi link for the DS.

Pretty well Starbucks, McDonalds and some hotel chains.

Too bad Nintendo couldn't set it up for the people who are stuck on Bigpond to get unmetered access via their DS [​IMG] (No ADSL where I live only Bigpond cable).