Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

OP
Kaz-Hirai_New_PS3_slim_OWNED-600x338.jpg
kaz-hirai-sony.jpg
QUOTE said:
A new development in the PS3 Jailbreak saga threatens to cause havoc with the console's Trophy system.[UPDATE: SCEE's issued CVG the following statement:"We are aware of this, and are currently looking into it. We will fix the issues through network updates, but because this is a security issue, we are not able to provide you with any more details."]A homebrew application has been released allegedly allowing PS3 users who have modified their console to unlock all Trophies in a PS3 title instantly and automatically, with random timestamps.These are the latest whisperings being thrown around the internet (which for obvious reasons we're not going to link to) regarding developments which saw the PlayStation 3 hacked completely and, allegedly, irreversibly by George 'Geohot' Hotz at the beginning of the month.So far it's unclear whether hackers have been able to successfully sync their cheated Trophies with the PlayStation Network. But it goes without saying that this development in particular, if hacker's are able to work out a PSN workaround, could throw Sony's achievement system into disarray.One user on a PS3 hacking forum wrote: "Just tried it with BUZZ Quiz TV (EU) original disc - Played a round of the game then quit, trophy's now show as 100% I have 70% previously."Another bragged of instantly unlocking all Trophies for PSN title PAIN.

It should be noted that some games seem to resist the hack, including Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and Arkham Asylum, but it's still not cool.
QUOTE said:

GundamXXX

Ergo Ego
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is one of the reasons why I dont like hacking.

Cheating is one thing so is pirating but doing it online with a negative effect on others? Big nono for me

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Negative effect to others ? i see no effect towards others if someone was to boost and gain more trophies. it's their own profile, their own score, no one is getting effected unless you choose to pay attention to what they do.

zachpl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This application that they are talking about has been out sense September.
It also doesn't work for most games like MLB 10 the show. Doing it manually should work though
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat