Free-to-play 'Pokémon Trading Card Game Live' announced

pokemon tcg live.JPG

The Pokémon Company announced today that a new, digital Pokémon trading card game will launch soon on PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices. An official announcement trailer was released giving a preview of some gameplay features:

While Pokémon Trading Card Game Live is said to be a free-to-play title, microtransaction elements have yet to be announced as is a release window. However, we do have some gameplay details from the official website:
  • Add to Your Collection: Compile an extensive card collection that you can use to build fun and exciting decks. Add new cards by scanning code cards, purchasing in-game booster packs, and participating in daily quests, among others.
  • Build Powerful Decks: You can easily put together incredible decks from your card collection. Innovate and create your next battle-ready deck!
  • Battle Trainers Everywhere: Pokémon TCG Live brings players together from all over the world to battle. It's launching in English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese, so you'll always find a player ready to take you on!
  • Enjoy Your Favorite Pokémon TCG Digital Activities: Create Custom Avatars, Get New Cards Using In-Game Currency, Participate in Daily Challenges, Customize Your Experience with Accessories
Pokémon Trading Card Game Live is expected to be available "soon" on PC, Mac, iOS and Android devices.

:arrow: SOURCE

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Missing details - you can only import 4 copies of any of your cards, and any additional copies are effectively converted to their equivalent of Hearthstone dust.

The trading function seems to be gone from the game based on assumptions based on this.

Looking to be that Pokemon Company looking to burn some card bridges with the fans now.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope old set's are allowed i have alot of cards from HGSS set and B/W

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Curious as to why they'd bother given a Pokemon TCG already exists on mobile...but ooook then I guess. I'm sure people will be annoyed if they can't transfer progress from the current game over.

Also no PTCG GBC remake = 0/10 ;O;

Reactions: guisadop

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I should try it out when it comes, when I was a kid I used to play the TCG game on their website many times. Didn't understand it completely at the time but I remember it being fun, the artwork and style felt really nice. The characters here look really bad in comparison though, looks more like the Sims.

Also looks like Shaggy is here, only to use 0.000001% of his power though.

IMG_20210920_222422.jpg

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i hope old set's are allowed i have alot of cards from HGSS set and B/W
HGSS sets are gone.

Curious as to why they'd bother given a Pokemon TCG already exists on mobile...but ooook then I guess. I'm sure people will be annoyed if they can't transfer progress from the current game over.

Also no PTCG GBC remake = 0/10 ;O;

The newer version is probably to help cope with new game mechanics as the current engine probably is spaghetti code and can't support those 4x Cards coming out in JP.

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can only imagine how they will incorporate more micro-transactions into it.
the worst thing I could imagine is them making it a dollar a month per 100 extra storage slots for your cards. if it lapses the cards get deleted.

Reactions: felix.200

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM