Free to Play Online Gaming and Gaming Together?

ponygals

OP
Trophies
Website
www.nataliezworld.com
XP
Country
United States
I was a BIG gamer growing up, now in my late 20s gaming is still interesting and fun but I am not playing them like most gamers nowadays. I rarely play games really at all.

But my Boyfriend owns all of the Playstation consoles and sometimes plays games online, and wants me to get involved and play games with him, so him and I have more to do together, when him and I are not hanging out physically.

Me, again I am into games but I am not into games that much as others are nowadays. He tried getting me into Magic the Gathering but I find that boring and not my thing. Why I got out of the Pokemon trading card game and its video game series etc.

It just grew out of me and I am more into watching TV, movies, and being online. Anyway what would you do if you have a boyfriend or girlfriend, in this situation.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
well I like the diea of playing online and together with friends but I don't know ...
What about Board games? Recently I'm playing a lot with friends that aren't really fan of video-games, but they got addicted with Catan haha (I want shouw them mario party but I need more controllers>w>)

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'm a bit in the same situation as your boyfriend, though my girl never really was a gamer (she played some Mario games...and that was about it). With us, it never really got anywhere. I've had girlfriends who grew to love couch co-op games to a point where they liked them even more than me. my current one just gets that "I'm just doing this because you want me to"-look. Or just puts down the controller and starts browsing facebook.

Of course it's very possible that I'm just introducing her to the wrong games, but I see it that if I can't get her into playing couch multiplayer, local online multiplayer won't work, let alone actual online gaming.

However, she IS a fond player of board games (and I've got to admit these games have evolved A LOT since monopoly). The result is that my gaming collection is now growing more in the shelf department than the steam department. ;)

Reactions: Sliter

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just noticed this thread is partially called "free to play online games...", but I don't really see why. There are certainly quality games among the FTP bunch, but I think it's better to focus on games you might like to play together rather than trying out new stuff "just because it's free". Try out some games and figure out why he does like but you don't like.
Take magic. naming what you find boring in the game (the construction of the deck? The theme? The way the game is played out?) may help to eliminate other games.

For an example: king of Tokyo (by coincidence by the same designer as magic). The mechanics are somewhat similar to pickomino, a simple dice rolling game we both love. Since KOT got good reviews, I bought it. However, she barely wanted to play it because she finds the whole Godzilla-theme boring as hell and "just for boys".

Reactions: Sliter

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
for online games what about MMORPG in general ? (some are ver repetitive so i would recommend the old Ragnarok online because is very unique... at least I think XD)
If you need something more action game looking there are dungeon figthers ... if need an tacts game there are dofus/wakufu ...
the good online part of an snes emulator ahha these stuff

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lmao now I can live the life of Juan...