1. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I agree having played Fate/GO, Epic 7, and Kings Raid. Im thinking about dropping E7 since its basically pay to win + Gacha. Fate/GO is just banner bait galore. Kings Raid on the other hand actually cares about F2P players. I haven't spent any money on the game in 2 years and have every character + their unique weapons just from saving up ingame currency. Pay to win Gacha is beyond trash

THYPLEX and Stealphie like this.
  2. Issac

Issac I
    Supervisor

Sweden
    Let's convert all prices to USD:
    $9.49 (USD) - $9.49
    €11.49 (EUR) - $12.71
    £9.99 (GBP) - $12.99
    $15.49 (AUD) - $10.36

How can they never get it right.... *smh*

Edit: might as well check the Japanese price as well:
    950円 (JPY) - $8.75

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
    Scarlet likes this.
  3. donaldgx

donaldgx GBAtemp Regular

United States
    fkng nintendo, squeezing every penny they can out of their customers.
    I'm glad i stopped playing 5mo ago when i realized that this game had become like a 2nd job, but instead of getting paid I was the one dropping $.

THYPLEX and Bladexdsl like this.
  4. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    I have no problem with monthly subs. I actually subscribe to a few in gacha games, it's usually better than spending loads in premium currency.

THYPLEX likes this.
  5. DarkCoffe64

Italy
    I knew it that Iwata was the last anchor that kept Ninty of becoming a shitty "grab-all-your-money" company like EA, Actvision, Ubisoft and more.
    Ever since that man died, they've been slowly changing for the worst.
    Not that they didn't have their faults before he passed away, but at least, compared to the other companies, they were like the best one that didn't try to suck all the money outta ya, I guess.
    Fuck them, wish all these fuckers could just crash and burn like the scum they are.
    Also, of course comments are disabled on that video, cowards, ha.

You and many others are the reason why the videogame industry is becoming is doing this kinda shit and even worse.
    Thanks.

6. Skelletonike

Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Sure, whatever you say.... This is not killing the videogame industry.

I love gacha games, they're fun time killers.
    Some of them actually have pretty good lore and gameplay, like FEH and FGO. In FGO I never spent a dime whereas in FEH I spent like 2€ when the game was released.

People need to accept that these gacha games can live in harmony with full fledged games, one will not replace the other.

Fire Emblem Awakening, Fire Emblem Heroes, Fire Emblem Fates, Fire Emblem Echoes and Fire Emblem Three Houses.

Among those 4 recent titles in the FE saga, only one is mobile, the series did not die due to the mobile game in between, rather the opposite. The series is getting stronger than ever, it is no longer a niche series that barely anyone knows in the west, the gameplay has improved (in a way), and let us not mention the drastic sales increase.

Gacha games have promise, when it comes to IP's like Fire Emblem and Fate/Stay, these games are giving a new life to the series and raising awareness. It is not a bad thing.

Stop being so sour.

7. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Does this mean we all have to start doing 3-6 month on reviews of everything now? This is not the first to suddenly spring a nice paid offering on us.

When you look over at the pokemon go money swimming pool next door with its 3 billion dollars ( https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-10-30-pok-mon-go-surpasses-usd3bn-lifetime-revenue ) I suppose a bit of envy is not out of place.

8. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Then you hav to do the right thing and don't play any games from those listed otherwise yr a hypocrite and also you should bin every nintendo console you own

9. Nobody_Important4u

Nobody_Important4u Just Another Shitposter

Poland
    Is anybody even suprised?

10. leon315

leon315 POWERLIFTER

Italy
    I indeed play FE games include this one, but i'm also able to recognize those generic ''Hero collecting'' games from better AAA games.

Those hero collecting games usually trick users to purchase loot boxes with repetitive and ''limited timed event'', it's very addicting, dangerous and harmful especially for kids.

11. kenenthk

kenenthk Custom Title

Burkina Faso
    This is news?

12. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    yes anything tht comes along new is news

13. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    How many mobile Nintendo titles have subscriptions now?
    Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, and now FE.

Wonder how long we have until this stuff creeps its way into full console releases.

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    Been there for years already. They just call it premium or season pass.

THYPLEX likes this.
  15. OkazakiTheOtaku

OkazakiTheOtaku no thanks, I don't want a custom title

Japan
    I was more speaking of Nintendo specifically. The only three examples I can think of off the top of my head are MK8's, BOTW's, and Smash's. Which actually provide content that's worth another price.
    But how long until we get subscriptions like this in new Nintendo games? Battle pass for Mario Kart 9, anyone? Exclusive cosmetic skins for your karts for online play.

16. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    nintendo are now officially worse than ubisoft. this is just pathetic they aren't any different from the rest of the mobile garbage out there with micro$ MK, AC, pokemon and now this (mario run is next just watch.) they have lost their uniqueness and what makes them stand out from the crowd of money grubbing pricks and have became micro$ sheep instead i will never touch any of their mobile TRASH games ever!

17. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Gambia, The
    The first and last mobile game I played.

Gacha games should be forbidden, it's addicting and some people really might get stuck in there forever.

THYPLEX likes this.
  18. smilodon

smilodon GBAtemp Regular

France
    Can't wait to pay to 10$ a month to get an exclusive ultra rare jpeg of a generic waifu.

grey72 and Baoulettes like this.
  19. Boesy

Boesy GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    It's a good idea. If customers are willing to pay, then why not.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Till their debit/credit card runs out.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Most is true. There are some that are really good, but the majority of folks would rather just complain.

I personally enjoy Mario Kart Tour and it feels like a console game, just without a good online play service. Not that I care to play online either way.

banjo2 likes this.
  20. DJPlace

DJPlace The Hater of Sony Censor Ship!!

United States
    i gave up on this game sadly due to it's bullshit drop gacha rate.. plus i had so many units i had to raise and i was an IV manic. needed perfect iv's.... still... it's bull shit that this is going on now... WTF nintendo your worse then EA and Koei/Temco combined.
    i swear if i can hack a switch without getting banned online it would be HACKED (if i get a switch that is)

THYPLEX likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - subscription, Nintendo, getting