Free space needed for real time save?

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Trel, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Trel
    OP

Trel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2007
    United States
    I enabled real time save and then played a game I had. When I accessed the menu, it was still greyed out. Do I need to have a certain ammount of free space to use it, and if so how much?

2. SP0RK

SP0RK Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2007
    United States
    I had a little trouble before I figured it out as well. Hold down the 'Select' button when you are selecting a game and it will create a RTS file. You should be able to access it now at the in game menu! [​IMG]

3. tinymonkeyt

tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

Feb 27, 2008
    United States
    RTS saves do require some space though. only a lil bit.
    oh and hold down select before you select the game
    i had trouble with initializing RTS when everyone said to press select while selecting a game. i would tap the game (or press A) and then hold select, and it wouldnt work...and i was like wtf?!

4. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

May 12, 2004
    United States
    Each Real-Time Save file takes up between 4.5 to 5MB (ouch!). So it is quite a lot of space compared to regular saves, which are only 512KB large.
    This is why you must hold Select to create a real-time save file, otherwise you're MicroSD will become very cluttered.
    I don't know if the Cyclo will alert you when you have no space left for Real-Time Save, but if the saves suddenly stop working then it's probably time to clean out your MicroSD.

5. Sticks

Sticks GBAtemp Regular

Jan 31, 2008
  6. Trel
    OP

Trel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 21, 2007
    United States
    I did read the manual.
    I did the same thing wrong that tinymonkeyt was doing.

7. Rock Raiyu

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    Wow, I was wondering how to work RTS myself. Thanks.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice