DrYHeLL

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Click Me!

Well, the gist of it is that the writer for the abomination so called "Haze" has told 1up that they are now owned by Crytek. Mixed reactions pour in as people hope/pray for Battlefront 3 and Time Splitters 4.( Myself in the Battlefront section
biggrin.gif
)

While Haze was, so I heard, horrible in so many ways, BFIII looked nothing short of phenomenal and quite finished with the most recently leaked footage.
(taken back in November)

Fingers crossed we don't get horribly optimized games but rather beauties that fly
smileipb2.png

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just because the made Haze doesn't mean their a bad developer. As for Battlefront 3, well sad news. Free Radical won't be working on it. Lucas Arts would have to license the Star Wars franchise to Crytek which is doubtful. Not to mention rumors have been swirling that the project was thrown to either Renegade (i think thats the developer who did BF on the PSP) or some other developer. An anonmous Free Radical employee told IGN that BF 3 was given to another developer and that the major tech was scraped.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They handed off Battlefront 3 to Rebellion, who did infact do the PSP game, and allegedly the only thing Free Radical kept was the Ground-To-Space Orbit Transition. In the Rebellion game that transitions going to be a cutscene.

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So they had one bad game. Everyone seems to forget the rest of their games which were all amazing. TimeSplitters, TimeSplitters 2, Second Sight, and TimeSplitters: Future Perfect.

Haze was a bad game (the only one I haven't played of theirs but everyone says it's bad). But their next games of TimeSplitters 4 and Star Wars: Battlefront 3 looked awesome.

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I love Timesplitters: Future Perfect. Played arcade mode all the time at parties. Also love battlefront 2 (which I still happily play
smile.gif
)

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Timesplitters: Future Perfect was one of my favorite GC games. I hope they'll finish Timesplitters 4 for the Wii. I desperately want to play it...

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one who prefers TimeSplitters 2 to Future Perfect?

Regardless, Crytek will be in a load of shit if TimeSplitters 4 doesn't see the light of day, and I'm sure they know it.

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hm, Crytek means we could see an improved chance of seeing TS4 on PC. Please, please let it be and my life will be complete aha.
But yeah, Crytek get major kudos for picking this up
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
Am I the only one who prefers TimeSplitters 2 to Future Perfect?
No, I completely agree with you. Future Perfect probably had a more polished story mode and better co-op experience, but TS2 had far better maps and just felt better overall in the multiplayer department. It could be the fact we played it first though, so who knows.

DrYHeLL

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard it(Battlefront 3) was being handed back to Pandemic. Their website lists a project x that appeared not too long ago. Rebellion cant do
excl.gif
. they can only do ports and thats about it....

although with pandemic's newest game (Basically lotr + battlefront) I hope to god they do something right in this one.

also! if the new company figures out a way to make ground to space on their own... will we be able to have it then? because, chances are it isn't the same as Free Radical's?

I really wanted that feature ever since it was fabled for Battlefront 2...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi guyz