Gaming Free mcboot

gtmtnbiker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All fats and most slims (those manufactured before March 2008) can work.

If you get the Free McBoot menu, then it's working. If you are playing backup games, they need to be patched with ESR.

You'll need to give more specifics about what you did and what you observe.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Not if you don't have a Network Adapter and and IDE HDD you can't. From the topic title i expect TC means burnt backups which means ESR Patched or nothing.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
Wrong section and you can use HD Loader instead of ESR...

Not if you dont have a HDD to load from, plus thats usually slower than actually just burning the games, and it saves you HDD space to be used for other things.

OP: Doesnt really matter what PS2 so long as its pre March-08. From what I've heard they have something on them to prevent FreeMCBoot. Also wrong section as this is the PSP not PS2 section.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
CrashmanX said:
plus thats usually slower than actually just burning the games, and it saves you HDD space to be used for other things.

Rubbish. Since we're in the PSP section i suppose you think UMD's load data faster than ISO's right?

cobleman

Trophies
XP
Country
If you are ESR patching the games and you installed ESR.elf to your memory card then it should boot to ESR options GUI when you insert disc

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Does the OP have a slim PS2? I don't know if they do. Assuming they had a fat one they could use HD Loader, but assuming slim then they would only be able to use ESR.

But I don't think it would be faster to play games off a disc than a hard drive.

What would you put on a PS2 hard drive other than games? If I would want music or something I would use USB Drives for that...

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
CrashmanX said:
plus thats usually slower than actually just burning the games, and it saves you HDD space to be used for other things.

Rubbish. Since we're in the PSP section i suppose you think UMD's load data faster than ISO's right?

No, just last I heard it wasnt really recommended to me that I use HDD loader unless I have like a really fast HDD because it would load slower than a burnt disc. I haven't actually tried myself though.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I have 2 PS2's, 3 Network Adapters, 4 PS2 IDE HDD's, moderate on a PS2 HDL related site and can confidently say you heard, and advised, wrong.

mpg187

Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
I have 2 PS2s but one is broken. I have 3 network adapters and 3 hard drives I use (2 40s and a 120 GB). They mostly have the same games, it's just a fault tolerant thing. The 120 GB I was supposed to see, but they guy never paid for it...

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
I have 2 PS2's, 3 Network Adapters, 4 PS2 IDE HDD's, moderate on a PS2 HDL related site and can confidently say you heard, and advised, wrong.

Do you have to put everything so bluntly/Mean? I mean really, I'm sorry a made a newbie mistake, big deal....

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have zero real idea you're not in a position to advise someone who's asking for help. He wanted some advice, not something you just made up. You might think it's blunt but why make a post to help someone when you have no knowledge yourself?

CrashmanX

Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
xist said:
If you have zero real idea you're not in a position to advise someone who's asking for help. He wanted some advice, not something you just made up. You might think it's blunt but why make a post to help someone when you have no knowledge yourself?

I do have knowledge in this area thanks much, and it wasnt something I "just made up" I had heard it from a few friends on other forums.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: @Xdqwerty, Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan! is the Japanese version of the game, different... +1