GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Just a few details. ComputerActive is giving away the commercial version of AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 Professional, a full security utility. The app is ranked amongst the best AV software. It is on sale at ebuyer for GBP 21.73 and more at other places. The server is very slow ATM because this deal has been posted on all major deals forums (including US Slickdeals.net). So better download using a download manager.

Contact us at [email protected] if you are having problems with this page or with the download.

READ THIS FIRST BEFORE PROCEEDING

* When you go to the link below, follow all instructions provided by PC Tools
* Read the General terms and conditions before downloading, and note that we do not provide any technical assistance or support whatsoever
* We strongly recommend you back-up any important files on your computer and that you set a System Restore point (for Windows XP or Vista users) before installing the software

Download time may vary depending on connection speed and volume of traffic. Where possible, we advise you try to download outside peak times (peak times are between 6pm-11pm evenings and during the weekend) if you want to improve the speed of your download.

General terms and conditions and license restrictions:

These products are for personal use on only one PC at a time. You may not rent or lease or resell products contained on this download page or use them for public performance.

Neither the supplier nor the publisher (Incisive Media) will accept responsibility for any losses or damage resulting from the use of this software, including loss of profit, damage to equipment, interruption of business data or any other damage direct or incidental.

It is recommended that you back up any programs or data on your hard disk b efore installing this software. No technical support will be provided from eit her the supplier or publisher.

This download offer expires 17/01/2008. The publisher reserves the right to stop this offer at anytime without notice.

Download: http://www.computeractive.co.uk/avg/index

If you able to download this AVG pro, (reason it too busy) - could you re-upload AVG pro using megaupload or and share with us... thank
wink2.gif

pimpyT

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was just going to post this... Downloaded it yesterday and upgraded from Free to Pro. When installing, just turn off AVG, choose repair and it's all good (no need to uninstall)!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A cursory look says the only reason to do upgrade from the free version is to download multiple updates per day (not much incentive if I do say so), is there a more compelling reason for upgrading? (I have other stuff for firewalls and spyware)

Still AVG has been my and those who I redo computers for AV protection for a while now: it works, has minimal resource requirements, is updated regularly and when you tell it get lost because you want to play a game it does.

Banger

Me > | | < You ..Wanna Line dance?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This download is for Computeractive magazine readers only. Do not spread this download information and do not host this software elsewhere. Due to the popularity of this software download, our servers are slow but are working. Try later if you experience problems. Please be patient.

Wow.

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
According to the site, the only thing the Pro version does is:

24/7 technical support included
High-speed downloads
Consent for commercial use

I don't think any of these are worth that much for us end users...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome