"Free" (Ads) Retro Sega Games on Mobile from Sega Forever

j9AyfHg.png

Sega has announced their brand new "free" (read: ad-filled) "service" Sega Forever, which offers classic Sega games on Android and iOS. Sega Forever will launch tomorrow (the 6/22) with some classic titles like Altered Beast, Sonic The Hedgehog, Comix Zone, Kid Chameleon, and Phantasy Star 2, but also promises games from every Sega console including the SG-1000, Master System, Genesis, and even the Saturn and the Dreamcast. SG-1000 through Genesis games are supposedly going to be emulated, but Saturn and Dreamcast games will be full mobile "ports", meaning we'll finally get some proper Saturn gaming on Android!

Each game also comes with "up-to-date" fetures, like cloud saves, touch controls and leaderboards, and Sega promises to add new games "Every two weeks". If you don't like ads, you can optionally get rid of them for a measily $2 in-app purchase, or you can just deal with the ads and enjoy some free Sega games.

:arrow: Source

This is definitely some interesting news, the fact that Saturn and Dreamcast games may finally be easily playable on mobile devices without having to resort to emulation is pretty great news, and while touch controls are awful in most cases, the fact that these games will feature controller support means we'll have a great way to play those hard-to-emulate games on the go...as long as Sega ports the right ones (Panzer Dragoon series plx).

S

Saiyan Lusitano

Oh God I hate Touch screen controls why cant they make a linux and Windows version
Sonic Adventure 1? It is on PC. SD and HD versions.

I didn't grew up playing Sonic Adventure games but do admit that they're kinda fun but not all that much, I'd rather play the 16bit Sonic games or Sonic Colours/Generations. The absolute best Sonic game is just around the corner. :)

Buy a Bluetooth gamepad.
I've been pondering that but I have a bunch of bluetooth controllers so a hard-sell for me. Really wish I could get my DualShock 3 to sync via bluetooth and nothing else but that doesn't work.

incidentallyscribble

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you link me to that one? Thanks. :)
The exact one I bought is unavailable, but I'm pretty sure this listing is the same thing--
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IR5FNB0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_m9UszbW81E85C
It's pretty cheap, looks OK, and actually works. Make sure to order from a seller that does replacements, because from the first one I bought, the left button didn't work, but they replaced it free-of-charge. Good luck!
EDIT: I looked at it, and realised that one is a bit different. This one was the one I got-- https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01I...f_5?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=7K6BF0W4NETN26EWHRM2 and right now it's only $10!

Last edited by incidentallyscribble,
Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
This will actually be really profitable for Sega. Since it's free-to-play, nobody will feel the risk of buying any apps and Sega will profit from ads. If someone doesn't like the ads, they will give $2 to Sega, a profit for Sega both ways. Genius.
--
Also, if anyone wants this but doesnt want ads and doesn't want to pay, there are some good legal adblockers out there, specifically--
iOS- WeBlock -- it's $2 i think but worth it, because $2 for no ads on ALL games. Download-- https://is.gd/weblockios (links to app store)
Android- DNS66, free, but it's made as an apk, download here--- https://f-droid.org/app/org.jak_linux.dns66
---
Of course, if you really like sega, give them a few bucks of your money.

(iOS) Or just use MinimalHostsBlocker for free. Blocks all ads everywhere. (Jailbreak required)

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Didnt care until I read saturn and dreamcast cuz I have my megadrive with the master converter that does the rest of the games. One might think that this is gonna be a crappy touch controller emulator, but there are gamepads you can connect, which means we'll get pocket-size dreamcast and saturn (saturn bomberman multiplayer on the go anyone??) that we can connect to a tv :D .

Last edited by Zense,

Justinde75

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I already bought both Sonic games on the playstore

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also Dreamcast? :wub: Shenmue, Skies of Arcadia and Sonic Adventure on my phone?
Gimme pls
The dc emulator doesnt work so well with my phone, so this would be amazing

The emulation is awful.
I just downloaded all the games available and all have frameskip issues, frame issues and random lag. Also screen tearing as well. Really sad about this
Comix Zone runs like absolute trash. Guess i'll stick to my emulators

Last edited by Justinde75,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1003016361 < Grab the APK, search for Sonic CD. There are ads when you boot up the game, and depending on the game some other ads as well, but they're all free. KOTOR was also free on Amazon Underground (I believe it still is), and there are various other free paid games as well. In-app purchases, if applicable, are also free in Underground apps too which is nice. No payments required, no Prime account, and it's all legit.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

https://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1003016361 < Grab the APK, search for Sonic CD. There are ads when you boot up the game, and depending on the game some other ads as well, but they're all free. KOTOR was also free on Amazon Underground (I believe it still is), and there are various other free paid games as well. In-app purchases, if applicable, are also free in Underground apps too which is nice. No payments required, no Prime account, and it's all legit.
There's over 5k of apps/games to download. I've downloaded a good lot of it but there's still so much to check out.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There's over 5k of apps/games to download. I've downloaded a good lot of it but there's still so much to check out.
Most of them are pretty junky IMO, stuff that on the playstore has like 1k downloads and such so it's not like it's 5k of quality. Maybe a good 100 of them are decent apps/games, the rest are just "filler junk" cuz everyone keeps making fun of Amazon's puny app store.

Unfortunately Amazon stopped taking new apps at the end of May though. They'll be shutting down Underground at some point in 2019, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Took along time to fit it in?