Gaming Framerate : Wii Games on Wii U

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My question is: how do Wii games work on the Wii U framerate-wise?

I do not mean to assume that constant 30 fps games would suddenly be 60 fps.

What I mean is games which have a variable fps of 3 - 30 depending on how much is happening on the screen. To be honest actually only this game came to mind: Zangeki no Reginleiv.

Has anyone tried a fps-heavy Wii Game on his Wii U and noticed any differences? Or is it exactly the same?

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh damn if its underclocking its system, I guess it would make sense to be the same. What a shame. I guess I need to wait a few more years for a good enough PC to be affordable with dolphin running the game at 60fps to enjoy it fully.

Thanks for the fast reply!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh damn if its underclocking its system, I guess it would make sense to be the same. What a shame. I guess I need to wait a few more years for a good enough PC to be affordable with dolphin running the game at 60fps to enjoy it fully.

Thanks for the fast reply!
Core i3 + HD7770 should be more than enough for 60 fps at 720 to 1080p.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Core i3 + HD7770 should be more than enough for 60 fps at 720 to 1080p.

trumpet I guess you dont know which game Im talking about... I have a Core i7 and a GTX 480... other games work 60fps at 1080p

I dare you to even play that game at constant 30fps on 480p with your mentioned specs!

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
trumpet I guess you dont know which game Im talking about... I have a Core i7 and a GTX 480... other games work 60fps at 1080p

I dare you to even play that game at constant 30fps on 480p with your mentioned specs!
You are talking about Dolphin (GC/WIi emulator) right? Which game do you have in mind?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sounds like the game is optimized terribly bad, and there may not exist a PC which can run it fullspeed yet, as even games that run fine on the Wii require a beefy CPU. Getting something that drops to 3 fps to run at 60 would require an order of magnitude more powerful specs.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
what is wrong with people nowdays. it was one thing bitching about graphics before but now are even bitching about framerate? sorry if i sound a little bit mad but i cant be the only one that doesn't care about the game running 30 or 60 fps

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is wrong with people nowdays. it was one thing bitching about graphics before but now are even bitching about framerate? sorry if i sound a little bit mad but i cant be the only one that doesn't care about the game running 30 or 60 fps
No one was bitching about a framerate, but thank you for bringing it up.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You are talking about Dolphin (GC/WIi emulator) right? Which game do you have in mind?
like I said in my first post, the game is called: Zangeki no Reginleiv. Only released in Japan (by Sandlot, other game they make being Earth Defense Force). You can look it up on youtube. While it looks weird on first sight, the fun while playing it is really intense.

Sounds like the game is optimized terribly bad, and there may not exist a PC which can run it fullspeed yet, as even games that run fine on the Wii require a beefy CPU. Getting something that drops to 3 fps to run at 60 would require an order of magnitude more powerful specs.
Well I dunno if the game is optimized that terribly bad (probably to some extent) but there just happens too much on screen (and off screen) for the Wii to handle. And yea I guess its true, who knows maybe really the best CPU out there on the market could handle it, I doubt the rest can.

learn to read. Im not bitching about 30 fps. Im bitching about 3 fps. Yes 3 FPS! Wow what a pink world Im living in when I want more than 3 fps.

Actually to be honest the game doesnt really drop the fps that much as it slows down extremely, however if it didnt slow down it would really be the equivalent of 3fps.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
like I said in my first post, the game is called: Zangeki no Reginleiv. Only released in Japan (by Sandlot, other game they make being Earth Defense Force). You can look it up on youtube. While it looks weird on first sight, the fun while playing it is really intense.

Well I dunno if the game is optimized that terribly bad (probably to some extent) but there just happens too much on screen (and off screen) for the Wii to handle. And yea I guess its true, who knows maybe really the best CPU out there on the market could handle it, I doubt the rest can.

learn to read. Im not bitching about 30 fps. Im bitching about 3 fps. Yes 3 FPS! Wow what a pink world Im living in when I want more than 3 fps.

Actually to be honest the game doesnt really drop the fps that much as it slows down extremely, however if it didnt slow down it would really be the equivalent of 3fps.
Slowdowns that exist on real hardware you can probably not do too much about. For example SNES games that have slowdowns on real hardware have the same slowdowns on emulators (the 2nd level (bubbles) of Gradius III being an example), though it might be a different case for newer consoles.

Markan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I c. Thats a shame.

I just watched youtube video of someone playing it on dolphin. It really worked 5 fps at 40% speed for a few seconds...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1