Fragrant Story is an RPG which was made in the spirit of other tactical RPGs such as Final Fantasy and EarthBounds. It features the characters from another of Kage's games, Otosan, who enter a virtual reality world, in order to protect the vegetation that blossoms in this alternate reality. The game features music from composer Hitoshi Sakimoto, known for previous, better known works including Final Fantasy XII. Voice acting is done primarily by three people - Kage himself, Gideon Emery (known for Wolfenstein, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Teen Wolf) and Nicole Fantl (Final Fantasy XII. Star Wars: Episode II, One Less God); they voice the characters Wolfsbane, Rhubarb and Mango, respectively.
The game is expected to have a limited physical run, with preorders of the game starting at $35 USD. The cheapest physical release also includes the entire game soundtrack on CD and via digital download. There also exists a Collector's Editon (or CE), which includes various collectors' items such as a keychain, cards, pins, and an artbook; additionally, you can buy Fragrant Story CE signed by the director. If you simply want the game by itself, it is available from the Nintendo eShop at only $4 USD from now until March 2023, when the Nintendo eShop for the 3DS is expected to no longer be available.
Description from the Squire Games store:
Squire Games HomepageThe kingdom of Flowergard is under attack! Build a team of Fierce Fleuristas, and lend your skills to the Ancient Aroma. Fragrant Story is available exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS system.
Fragrant Story is the first in a series of collaborative projects between William Kage and some incredible people. Ranging from industry veterans to up-and-coming powerhouses, they all produce truly stunning work. Say hello to the team!
- VR Cafe: Your team is made up of kids from Otosan playing an arcade game
- Arcade tokens: You get tokens based on the difficulty setting, which allow you to build a bigger team
- Strategize: Enjoy fresh new tactical gameplay inspired by the classics
- Customize: Build a different team of Fierce Fleuristas each time you play
- Timed hits: Stop the wheel with precision and score a critical hit
- Level up: Defeat enemies to grow stronger, or use extra tokens to level up a character
- Sense of humor: Dialog that would make your dad proud
- Challenge mode: Try your hand at some truly epic challenges
- Collect tickets: Save up tickets to unlock new gear and options
- Legendary music: Sick strategy tunes will get your heart pumping
William Kage ~ Director · Producer · Code · Pixel Art · Music · Voice
Gracia Wong ~ Murals (title, tarot, and misc.)
Sachin Madhawa ~ Cutscene Backgrounds
Xauv ~ Cutscene Portraits
Hitoshi Sakimoto ~ Additional Music
Yoshimi Kudo ~ Additional Music
Gideon Emery ~ Voice (Rhubarb)
Nicole Fantl ~ Voice (Mango)
Last edited by HarveyHouston,