Fragmentation Error after update to Gateway 3.5 Ultra

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Sanny Welfer, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Sanny Welfer
    OP

Sanny Welfer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    Canada
    Need some assistance if possible. I have a 64Gb exFat micro sd card for my Gateway cart. Before the update to Gateway 3.5 Ultra, I've had no problems whatsoever with running my 3DS roms. But after the update, I'm getting the fragmentation error all of a sudden. I've looked all over the net and incorporated all the suggestions I've found, including formatting the micro sd as well as even changing to another micro sd card with just one 3ds rom inside. Still, I get the same fragmentation error.

Meanwhile I did come across the issue with not being able to run cia files, but I've solved that by simply pressing the select on the cart icon and then getting out. But not the fragmentation error. It still happens.

Could anyone perhaps share what I can possibly do? Do I need to format the emunand? Is it because of this firmware update? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance

2. aznkid23

aznkid23 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2007
    United States
    I got the same problem as you today.
    If you have a custom theme, just remove it.

That instantly fixed the issue on my Gateway cart.

I believe it has something to do with Badge Arcade, since I downloaded it after the update and messed with it.

3. Sanny Welfer
    OP

Sanny Welfer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    Canada
    Tried that. Didnt work unfortunately. Anyone else experiencing this?

4. qproject

qproject GBAtemp Regular

Mar 12, 2015
    Canada
  5. Sammy_Lee

Sammy_Lee Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Reeperbahn
    Or update to Gateway Ultra 3.5.1

6. Just3DS

Just3DS GBAtemp Fan

Jan 31, 2015
    I think the issue was the ExFAT cluster size which they resolved in latest 3.5.1 update along with fix for CIA loading. Try updating to that version and see.

7. Sanny Welfer
    OP

Sanny Welfer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 14, 2015
    Canada
    I updated to 3.5.1 and also used the fixing fragmentation tool you provided. still no progress. I'm REALLY regretting updating this firmware in the first place.

UPDATE: solved it...sort of. So if I change my icon view (by pressing the icon on the upper right side of the bottom 3DS screen), the problem is gone. But if I go back to that particular screen view I had before, I get fragmentation error. I kind of wanted to keep my old settings, but whatever works. I appreciate all you guys help.

Last edited by Sanny Welfer, Nov 14, 2015
    v18281 likes this.