fpPS4 PlayStation 4 emulator gets new version release, able to boot and play Sonic Mania

gyghghghv.png

There's lots of PlayStation 4 emulator news going on, lately. We saw an update to GPCS4, a new early in development emulator that aims to emulate both PS4 and PS5 in the form of Kyty, and now, an update to fpPS4, A PS4 emulator for Windows, written in Free Pascal. It's been a while since the developer, red-prig, made an update, but as of the v30052022 build, fpPS4 can now play two PlayStation 4 games. A user on YouTube tested these games out, showing Sonic Mania playing at around 50-60fps, and We Are Doomed, which runs at a consistent 9fps. fpPS4 is available to download on GitHub.

PS4 compatibility layer (emulator) on Free Pascal

This project is at the beginning and started for fun.

Building​

• Free pascal compiler: 3.3.1 (use fpcupdeluxe with trunk), x86_64 only.
  • Lazarus: 2.0.0 and higher, x86_64 only.

Minimum system requirements​

• CPU: x64, AVX2 support
  • GPU: Vulkan API support

:arrow: Source

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country

There's lots of PlayStation 4 emulator news going on, lately. We saw an update to GPCS4, a new early in development emulator that aims to emulate both PS4 and PS5 in the form of Kyty, and now, an update to fpPS4, A PS4 emulator for Windows, written in Free Pascal. It's been a while since the developer, red-prig, made an update, but as of the v30052022 build, fpPS4 can now play two PlayStation 4 games. A user on YouTube tested these games out, showing Sonic Mania playing at around 50-60fps, and We Are Doomed, which runs at a consistent 9fps. fpPS4 is available to download on GitHub.

:arrow: Source
Pretty neat tbh I can't wait for more emu's on the scene as there's a fair few in the works

Sent from my M2011K2G using Tapatalk

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's a pretty decent milestone in my eyes really specially if it actually renders correctly then it's a proof it's on the right track as some other indie games may also work 2d side scrollers etc...

OMG OMG
TAPATALK : THE RETURN

But in all seriousness, i hope i'll be able to play the new Horizon someday, idc if it's on ps4, ps5 emulator or native pc

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
OMG OMG
TAPATALK : THE RETURN

But in all seriousness, i hope i'll be able to play the new Horizon someday, idc if it's on ps4, ps5 emulator or native pc
I think personally it will probably get a PC port I mean returnal is meant to get a port to pc and honestly can't wait tbh I had it on my PS5 but got bored of the ps5 as mainly used my PC which is a shame

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think personally it will probably get a PC port I mean returnal is meant to get a port to pc and honestly can't wait tbh I had it on my PS5 but got bored of the ps5 as mainly used my PC which is a shame

you got bored of your ps5?
You know tonsof peoples are looking for one?

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah my GF has it now though we did have 1 each she sold hers and now shes got mine I kind of got my pc a little time before I got the PS5 and my PC is pretty good I have i9 10850k, rtx3090, 32GB Ram. I mean I played ratchet & clank, returnal and a few other games can't remember the names now though.

Reactions: Noctosphere

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Think PS5 shortage isn't that much anymore? I wouldn't buy one for a couple of reasons, one being it's too damn big, second is there are no games I'm interested, and third, PS1-PS2 (+ PS3) emulation is locked behind a subscription than allowing gamers to play their discs.

• Haha
Reactions: ChibiMofo

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
W/ all these numerous variations of PS4 emulator projects being announced, maybe a few of the devs could decide to join forces and come up w/ the ultimate PS4 emulator in unison that incorporates all the features included as goals on their roadmap which could inherently speed up development as a result. Just a thought...

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
W/ all these numerous variations of PS4 emulator projects being announced, maybe a few of the devs could decide to join forces and come up w/ the ultimate PS4 emulator in unison that incorporates all the features included as goals on their roadmap which could inherently speed up development as a result. Just a thought...
TBH I personally don't see it happening tbh it's pretty rare you see such things I mean as far as I know theres only 2 PS2 Emulators and as for PS1 etc... There's a few also only 1 GC/Wii Emu

There's many snes, N64 etc .. emulators all have different code etc... Which some works better than others I mean epsxe use to be a decent PS1 Emu until duckstation.

Also there's numerous Xbox Emu's and Xbox360 emu's as say very rare you see them team up and integrate they all use there own code it's also why some games will run better on 1 app compared to the other vice versa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They really wanna get the head