Fox news actually did it....

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't forget the blow up doll in the tub. That will be their follow up story.

EDIT: Okay, the guy said there is no question there is a correlation between video game violence and real life violence. I wonder if he realizes correlation does not imply causation. Correlation is "More furniture is sold on days when supermarkets have apples on sale." While this is true, the apples being on sale does not cause more furniture to sell. It is some other factor.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
For the love of God, not this bollocks again. The Fox News guy just didn't wanna listen to anyone, did he? The guy from slash.com or whatever it was called was trying to point out the very important point that it is just a video game, and the fox douche immediately tries to rile everyone up by claiming it's some sort of terrorist training manual. People like him need to be punched in the face. Repeatedly. Because they're not just being ignorant, they're slowing down the progress of all mankind by trying to keep us all in the dark ages where we're tricked into being afraid of everything. IT'S A FUCKING GAME. It's not gonna teach your kids to be terrorists. No more than going hunting, or even basic down to earth social interaction.

Besides, if this game is supposed to be a terrorist training manual as mr fox douche claims, then surely it is also a manual on how to effectively shoot hundreds of terrorists in the face to save innocent civilians, right? Now I'm no expert but isn't that a good thing? You'll notice how they fail to point that out. If video games can really be used to 'program' kids, then logic dictates that this game would actually be good for them. The people who dominate online in MW2 are the ones you want on your side if you ever face a terrorist invasion. 'cause they know how to spot decent cover, how to pick your moments when you're reloading, they're well versed in team tactics and they're a damn better shot than I am. Think about it.

Tenner says the Fox douche has never played a game in his life.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"You bring a game into a house, and there's nothing to stop an 8 year old from becoming a terrorist and shooting people."

This is the kind of logic that gets you your own T.V. show, people. I've lost all hope in humanity, and now my sole goal in life will be to destroy the world.

OMG! WATCHING FOX NEWS MADE ME A TERRORIST! show plz.

CrimsoniteX

Trophies
Website
crims0n.us
XP
Country
United States
I lol'd

But seriously, you guys should let up on the fox bashing. There is no such thing as a fair and balanced news source. Everyone has contracts to fulfill, and agendas to pursue. It's not really fair to isolate one when all are equally as bad.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Despite how much Fox sucks, they are actually right about Video Games causing violence. Though I can never convince anyone here of that.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
injected11 said:
"You bring a game into a house, and there's nothing to stop an 8 year old from becoming a terrorist and shooting people."

I'm not exactly an expert on the matter but what exactly is the difference between bringing a game like this into your house and hoping your kid doesn't get funny ideas and say, buying a rifle at Walmart and hanging it on the wall in plain sight of said kid, again hoping he doesn't get any funny ideas? As I said, I'm no expert. But I'm thinking it's probably easier to kill people with a rifle than with a game box. And yet people only get up in arms about games with guns in them. Actual guns are fine. Yeah, that makes sense...

I wonder how long it'll be before it finally becomes clear to everyone that they can't keep looking for scapegoats. Look at things like these high school murders, Columbine for example. What was the reaction? Blame it on the music they were listening to. Maralyn Manson if memory serves. Never mind the fact that they clearly had no moral guidance from their parents. No, you're right, it was the music that screwed them up. Sure. Keep telling yourself that so you can put your kids in front of the tv instead of actually raising them properly, you see what happens. Hell, I've been playing video games since I was four. I'm now 22. I've not killed anyone, turned terrorist, anything. Worst I've ever done is accidentally stolen a book from a charity store when I was 5 (it's a long story). And why is that? Because even though his work commitments kept him away from home about 90% of the time, my old man would make the time to talk to me and my brother instead of leaving us to our own devices. Take the time to actually teach your kids and you'll find the percentage of them working in McDonalds and unable to spell their own name, speaking 'street' because English is too complex, shooting up their school because they've gone bat shit crazy, will plummet. People blame video games and the like because they're too locked in their own delusions that it couldn't possibly be anything they;ve done wrong. It's pathetic.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Blaze163 said:
injected11 said:

I'm not exactly an expert on the matter but what exactly is the difference between bringing a game like this into your house and hoping your kid doesn't get funny ideas and say, buying a rifle at Walmart and hanging it on the wall in plain sight of said kid, again hoping he doesn't get any funny ideas? As I said, I'm no expert. But I'm thinking it's probably easier to kill people with a rifle than with a game box. And yet people only get up in arms about games with guns in them. Actual guns are fine. Yeah, that makes sense...
Thats America for you...

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Blaze163 said:
For the love of God, not this bollocks again. The Fox News guy just didn't wanna listen to anyone, did he? The guy from slash.com or whatever it was called was trying to point out the very important point that it is just a video game, and the fox douche immediately tries to rile everyone up by claiming it's some sort of terrorist training manual. People like him need to be punched in the face. Repeatedly. Because they're not just being ignorant, they're slowing down the progress of all mankind by trying to keep us all in the dark ages where we're tricked into being afraid of everything. IT'S A FUCKING GAME. It's not gonna teach your kids to be terrorists. No more than going hunting, or even basic down to earth social interaction.

Besides, if this game is supposed to be a terrorist training manual as mr fox douche claims, then surely it is also a manual on how to effectively shoot hundreds of terrorists in the face to save innocent civilians, right? Now I'm no expert but isn't that a good thing? You'll notice how they fail to point that out. If video games can really be used to 'program' kids, then logic dictates that this game would actually be good for them. The people who dominate online in MW2 are the ones you want on your side if you ever face a terrorist invasion. 'cause they know how to spot decent cover, how to pick your moments when you're reloading, they're well versed in team tactics and they're a damn better shot than I am. Think about it.

Tenner says the Fox douche has never played a game in his life.
+1

Games do not influence people; booze can play a factor sometimes, so beer could be a terrorist in disguise, relaxing people into thinking what they want, but then again, these people would rather go swimming instead
tongue.gif

As for the 'interview'...
They picked the wrong guy, too easy to harass.
Fox does not deserve the title of 'News'.
They should have been stripped of it years ago.
Fox News borders the fascist way.
[being sick]
X_x; ok, g'nite.
[being sick]

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I do agree what Blaze had typed, its true that some parents are lazy and stubborn to teach their kids how to deal with issues in RL. The columbine HS incident is a great example, how did the kids get the money to buy weapons and cause that problem to happen? Where were the parents when they got depressed and emo?

It's but true, mostly its the TV, video games, and streets that are rising up the children today. That only happens if the parents don't have enough compassion to support them. Parents shouldn't be afraid of spanking their child (most African American/Jamaican parents hit their children with belts, straps due to the fact they need to be punished) only because its barbaric, that's their power to teach their children what happens if you do stupid shit without thinking! Most times it just a learning experience for the parents also, they didn't know their kids were going to shoot up a HS nor that they will do it...

In the end, we can't even discipline other kid's outside because of bullshit nonsense like pedophile, rape, or pervert. Most times the kids are getting out of control because they know that their parents usually are the one's that bail them out all the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: yes? Interesting way to get Hi